8: Aftermath

"Icefang, you have my gratitude. I originally came down here to see Max, yet I never realized on the sidelines, someone was being left out. I shall stay by your side from now on."

"I... thank you."

"And max... you too. You're the reason I wanted to wake up again. I got my wish, and now I feel complete. Perhaps experiencing another perspective of life is a good choice for me."

"You're more than welcome, Jirachi. I'm grateful we spent all this extra time together too, made new memories... you know, i'm always available if you want to visit me."

"I'll be sure to give her extra." Said Icefang. "She's almost certainly earned as much Max time as she would ever want. And now, it doesn't end here."

"Let's go, Icefang! I wanna do so many cool things together!"

"Bye, max! I'm really glad I got to meet you! We'll cross paths again really soon!"

"See ya, Icefang. Jirachi."

The two friends journeyed into the distance. As for Butler and Diane, after they were informed of Jirachi losing it's connection to the Millennium Comet, they decided they have fulfilled their duty, and left Forina behind. They noticed the land was not decaying, even though there was no wish maker there. Icefang and Jirachi also parted ways with Forina. From there, the two's bond became inseperable.

Meanwhile, Arceus looked down upon them from the sanctuary from which Jirachi once spent her time in.

Celebi looked up at Arceus, who was staring down at the same lake that Jirachi had once stared down at.

"Arceus? What's the matter?"

"I can sense that Jirachi broke the oath that she had promised me. However, I can also sense it might have been for the better. Had she decided to return, she would have likely continued grieving, not just over Max, but over the mysterious Icefang. Jirachi was his first friend since the annihilation of his race, a mass genocide that could not have been stopped. Had he no friends, he would not have had the will to live any longer, which would have indeed sent his species extinct. I have not felt this in quite some time, but... I feel... compassionate."

"I see... well, she may no longer be one of us, but at least we can be grateful that she got the happy ending she wanted."

Icefang looked up at the clouds. A silhouette of Arceus appeared. A voice echoed from it. "Icefang... you must protect each other with your lives. Your friendship is a bond of which I have never seen before. Cherish it."

Icefang smiles. "I will, Arceus. I promise."