𝒗𝒊𝒊.

006,  history repeating itself

006history repeating itself

            CHAD HELPED the brunette into her room as she flopped onto her bed, cuddling up into a ball

           "Nope, stay awake. You'll kill me if I don't help you take your makeup off, and change your clothes, and do your whole weird list thing." Chad rambled on, grabbing some makeup remover and cotton pads from her vanity.

              He carefully turned her face towards him, removing the dramatic cowgirl makeup look she had done.

          Once he had finished removing it, he opened her wardrobe, grabbing one of his shirts and a pair of her shorts.

             "Hey, Adel, you gotta help me with this bit." Chad softly spoke. Adelaide let out a tired groan, but nonetheless, she sat up, raising her arms so her could remove the top half of her outfit.

           Although it took almost five minutes, he finally managed to get her changed.

          Adelaide got comfortable in her bed as Chad placed a kiss on her forehead, "Will you stay with me?" Her voice was so small, he almost missed it.

             "Always." He truthfully responded. Since what happened in Woodsboro, there never was a day where the two weren't cuddled up to one another by the evening.

            They felt safest with one another.

            "Chad! Adel! You gotta come see this!" Mindy shouted. Adelaide let out a groan of annoyance as she sat up.

           Chad took his girlfriends hand, helping her up as they left her room.

          Once they made it to the couch, Adelaide flopped down beside Ethan, who mumbled a quick hello to the girl beside him. She ignored him, causing him to frown.

           Mindy pointed towards the tv. Adelaide's eyebrows furrowed as she noticed it was the news.

           Adelaide knew that if Mindy was willingly watching the news, something terrible must have happened.

           Chad left the room to retrieve Sam, who then also returned with a mystery boy. Adelaide eyed him suspiciously. Last time Sam came with a mystery boy, he was a killer.

          "What's going on?" Sam questioned as Chad pointed towards the tv. "Cute boy, nice." Quinn commented, but everyone was to busy listening to the news reporter to even glance at her.

           "Holy shit, that's that chide from our Film Studies class! The one obsessed with Argento." Mindy voiced towards Ethan and Adelaide.

           Adelaide felt her stomach drop when she heard that several ghost face masks were found. "Pack a bag. We leave in ten. You too, Adel." Adelaide was to drunk to argue, which resulted in her not bothering to even move to pack a bag.

                "What?" The new guy spoke. Chad got up from his seat beside Adelaide, walking over to the man. "Thank you, suspicious new guy, but I think we got it from here. Have a good night. Get home safe. Go, go, go." Chad pushed the guy out of the apartment, before closing the door.

               "No, wait, let's talk about this for a second." Tara begged. "Adel, come on." Sam spoke, trying to hurry the girl she saw as a sister.

                "'Cause this might not have anything to do with us." Tara continued to reason. "Are you serious?!"

             "It's a big city! It's Halloween! Everybody's wearing masks! You don't know!"

           "Tara, this isn't a coincidence. You knew him!"

           "Barley." Sam turned to face the group, "Chad, Mindy, Adel, back me up."

           "It is a little bit..." Chad began, "Close to home." Mindy finished off. "See?"

            "Quinn, your dad's a cop, right? Can you call him and find out what's going on? Before you make the unilateral decision to abandon my college education and flee the fucking state!"

             "I'm calling him now." Quinn chimed in, "Thank you." Tara thanked, but everyone's heart dropped to their stomach as a phone rang on the table.

           Sam grabbed the phone, hitting decline. "Who is it?"

             "Why did everyone just freak out when the phone rang?" Ethan questioned. "Get with the game, Ethan." Adelaide mumbled.

             "Sam? My dad wants to talk to you." Quinn handed the phone to the elder girl.

             She shared a short conversation on the phone, before her and Tara quickly left the apartment, mumbling something about going to the police station.

         Chad picked the half asleep girl up bridal style, carrying her to her room.

           As he placed her on the bed, he now noticed her tear stained face. "Baby, what's wrong?"

           A sob raked through her body which caused him to frown. He reacted quickly, sitting down on her bed as he helped her close to his chest.

           He whispered sweet nothings in her ear as tears sprung into his eyes, sadness now also over coming him.

           He didn't once consider telling her everything would be okay, because it wasn't last time, and he wasn't sure if it would be this time.