𝒊𝒊𝒊.

003,  fading away

003fading away

          ADELAIDE TAPPED away at her phone as she headed for the Hicks household

Merely half an hour before, Wes had called her saying that his mom had invited her their for dinner.

Of course Adelaide accepted the offer, seeing as they were practically her family.

As she walked down the pathway, she was to engrossed in a video she was watching that she was still yet to notice the deceased body of Judy Hicks.

A gasp escaped the brunettes body as she tripped over, landing on the ground. "Fuck." She mumbled, wiping her hands grazed on her thighs.

As she turned to look at what she had fell on, her eyes widened, horror and fear fuelling her body.

"No, no, no." She crawled over to the blonde woman's body, pressing two fingers to her neck.

No pulse.

"Shit, shit, shit." Adelaide sobbed, fumbling to grab her phone as she dialled 911.

She placed the phone to her ear, ignoring what the person was asking her as she spoke, "Please send help. The Sheriff is dead."

She ignored whatever else the person on the other side was saying as she ran into the house.

Just as she opened her mouth to shout for Wes, she was met with his deceased body.

The brunette fell to the floor, immediately sobbing over Wes' body.

She placed his head into her lap, not caring that his blood was now staining her clothes.

She rocked back and forth, trying to put the pain she was feeling on pause.

She had knew Wes since kindergarten.

Adelaide remembered they day they became friends like it was yesterday.

She remembered the way people use to treat him like he was nothing.

She remembered how one time in 4th grade, Jayden Evans and Junior Truman cornered the young boy, threatening him and making him cry.

She remembered how she dragged the two boys away, kicking them both in the balls — causing them to run away.

She remembered how after that, her and Wes were forever inseparable.

At the sound of sirens edging closer, her bloody hands grabbed her phone, which still had the 911 caller on the other side.

She hung up, fumbling to click onto Chad's contact. The phone rang once before she heard his voice, "Adel? Are you okay?"

"Wes is dead, so is his mom." Her voice was cold, and lacked emotion. She felt dead inside.

She didn't even give the boy a chance to respond as she hung up the phone.

The sounds of shouting soon entered her ears as Adelaide placed a delicate kiss on Wes' forehead, before leaving the household for the final time, soon spotting all of the authorities.

Adelaide didn't even blink as several cops and paramedics began speaking to her, shooting out several questions.

But she had became mute.

"Adel!" A familiar voice entered her ears as she looked in the direction it had came from, spotting Chad.

He immediately pulled the brunette in for a hug as he placed a hand on the back of her head, kissing the top of her head.

He whispered sweet nothings in her ear as she clung onto his jumper, wanting so desperately to cry, but she physically couldn't.

"Sorry to interrupt, but she has to come to the station for questioning." A voice spoke from behind her. Adelaide pulled away, looking over to the man. "Can he come with me?"

The man simply gave her a small nod as the duo followed after the police officer.

Just as she was about to get into the vehicle, she spotted Sam. She didn't even bother asking why she was there as she got into the police car, remaining eerily silent.

"I need to go to the bathroom." Adelaide mumbled, getting out of the uncomfortable chair. Chad gave her a small nod in response.

She had already been questioned, and she was now waiting to be excused from the station.

As she entered the empty bathroom, she immediately went over to the sink, once again trying to scrap the blood off of her hands.

"Hey, Adelaide." A taunting voice entered the brunettes ears. Adelaide's head shot up as she stared into the mirror, spotting a familiar face.

Mickey Altieri.

"Why can't you just fucking leave me alone." Adelaide snarled, not being shocked that she was getting visions of her uncle. Again.

"Because your my legacy, Adelaide. You have to finish what I couldn't. Complete all of the acts." Adelaide's jaw ticked as she looked away from the mirror, but he only got louder.

"Come on, Adelaide, stop being so boring. Whats holding you back, hm? Chad, your little boyfriend? He doesn't care about you. None of them do. Nobody loves you, Adelaide."

Adelaide's hands shot up to cover her ears. "Stop, stop stop!" She screamed, hot tears streaming down her face as her breaths became heavy.

Mickey now began to shout, "Put on the mask Adelaide! You know where to find mine, do it! We all go a little crazy sometimes! Slaughter them all, Adelaide!"

Adelaide punched the mirror, shattering it into tiny pieces. She looked up, thinking he was gone. But he left her four more words, "Blame it on the movies."

Adelaide clutched onto the sides of the sink for dear life as she looked up, trying to catch her breath.

Once she finally did, she looked into the remains of the mirror, wiping the tears that had fell like they were never there.

The brunette left the bathroom, hiding her bloody hand under her sleeve.

"Are you okay?" Chad questioned, concern painting his face as he noticed the tear marks on her face.

"I don't know."