pg. 4

It's a short page, sorry!

Dreams

Past, present, and future

eroding...colliding

Amassing

Pulling

Stretching

Memories, feelings, and instincts

Hope for a future yet to come to pass.

A mirage blinks into existence.

Faraway, a small broodling smiles in the distant haze of the summer sky, the wind playfully rustling bouncy strands.

The star shining above fiercely, blasting it's intense rays. In a flash.

Gone...

The vision dissipating, shattering.

And I suffocate...

Loneliness

The emotion tunneling deep into my soul

No more, extinguished

The new heartbeat beating beside me.

Finally

Family, blood tied, kin.

Together...linked forever.

*****************

The mother of my broodling floats behind a thin membrane, serene.

The two healing drones gently undulating in a swimming pattern coordinating in unison across the viscous liquid, blurring her form ever so slightly.

With honed expertise I tie a rope around the hide of an alien beast to cover my beloved. Protecting her from the cold environment of our short journey.

The weight of the vehicle pressing down onto the harden precipitation as I do so.

The force carefully distributed evenly onto its surface, preventing my beloved from sinking into its white depths.

Vast sheets of sparkling frozen water shimmer untouched and smooth across the land before us.

This could be the journey that may end all journeys.

Sadness bleeds in my heart as my mind wanders into different tangents, each more depressing than the last, but I must go on.

Equally turning to bundling the youngling Gosf with the same care.

Until only his round eyes peaked out from the warm coverings.

He wobbled stiffly from my administrating hands to his hibernating sibling.

I have grown use to the tiny youngling, my determination of responsibility to care for him strong.

He is not only intelligent but undoubtedly unprejudiced. He has accepted so easily my foreign presence without much question.

Demonstrating a wide berth of understanding beyond his years.

Pain sears past me, microscopic shards of sharp crystallized precipitation cutting across my epidermis as the strong wind howls past. The thin coating of mucous doing little to impede the element.

The aftermath a stinging barrage of prickling welts.

My pouch stretched across my abdomen, and the only part of me protected by the thick ursus pelt, is the only portion that is left unscathed.

There is little hide left for myself, choosing instead to shield my charges.

The presence of such a chill will not kill me outright or freeze my limbs solid thankfully.