The Beginning

Credits - 浜ぐりお on Twitter- :)

Please read the caption/ introduction before reading, Thank you!

                                                                                   Izuku POV

      The sun began to peer through the glass pane of my window, warning me of a brand new day. As the light shimered through the holes of my old, outdated curtain, anxiety started to drift and float around my brain. It was, indeed, my first day of middle school after all. I quietly unraveled my blanket from my body and slipped out of my sleeping bag. I tried my best to fold the blanket neatly over my bag as swiftly as I could so maybe the floors wouldn't make too much noise this time. I shivered. I slowly and carefully stood up. With each step I took the floor seemed to croak and growl, almost like it had feelings of its own. Finally, I made it outside my room. I began to creep down the stairs and, peacefully made it down without too much struggle. 'He's gone again' I thought, looking at the aged oak flooring. The house, unbelievably was quite lively when mom was still here. Still smiling. Still talking. Still... breathing. Water filled my eyes like our untreated gutters, overflowing when it rained. Although the gutters had become an problem, it was comforting seeing the water rain down off of the house and onto the ground. Suddenly, my eyes started to rain too. As my mind snapped back to reality, I realized that I needed to get ready for school. I let out a quiet sniff and headed outside. I gradullied closed the door and headed to the mailbox. Inside, not only was my uniform in a large package inside the mailbox, but there was also maggots and other slimy, unrecognizable things in there. I flinched as I pulled the baggage out of the mailbox, some of the bugs coming with. I held back a gag as I shook the worm-like-creatures off the bag and into the dirt. Not wanting to find out where ever the "things" went, I headed back inside the house, just as carefully. After I changed downstairs, I simply slipped my shoes on and grabbed my backpack, a crash and a groan could, quite randomly, be heard upstairs. Not excited to see what would happen next, I flew out the door. 

                                                                                   At School

I arrived in class just before the tardy bell had rung. It almost made me smile seeing my classmates, all perfect, clean, happy and caring in each row. In each desk. In the same uniform. To be completely honest, it was kind of intimidating. I sat down in the back of the classroom beside Kirishima Eijiro, a simple student from my old school. Although having attended my old school, he was the only person who seemed nice and genuine to me. Eventually, Kirishima caught me staring at him.

"Hey! How ya doin this morning!" Kirishima said, with a huge, comforting grin on his face.

"I'm.... Good!" I tried to push the words out of my mouth but, due to my lack of confidence, it was surprisingly hard to do!

"Good! The names' Kirishima Enijiro! If you don't remember." As he announced his name, he held out his hand in a polite manner. Unforcantley, as usual, I jumped back, falling out of my desk. Kirishima also jumped up and came around to help me up. As Kirishima kneeled down and again, held out his hand. When I held his hand it seemed as if I sort of melted into it. Like I was on top of the world. I felt my face get hot and flushed.

"Umm... I apologize. Thank you." I gulped as I said this, I could feel my face get, impossibly, redder.

"Nah! No big deal! You can call me Red if you prefer! H-how about we hang today after school?"I couldn't help but notice Red had blushed slightly too.

My eyes twinkled and my mouth fell open. As Red read my expression, he also blushed a bit further.

"I would love to!" I said with a grin also appearing on my face.

"Perfect! Meet me behind the school after school, kay?"

I nodded.

"See you."

I was too excited to even say anything. As the teacher walked into the class and began teaching, I thought about hanging out with Red. The day was everlasting, indeed but, finally, the last bell rang and students charged for the exit doors, spilling outside the school. I started to head behind the school when a familiar voice caught my attention. 

"Long time no see, ey?"

Bakugou Katsuki. I swallowed. Hard.

"Come on~ I missed beating the crap outta you until you bleed." Bakugou said while cracking his knuckles, laughing maliciously.

Before I could say anything, he grabbed from behind, and pinned me against the wall. 

"Let's have a little fun, shall we?"

He balled up his fist and threw it at my face, causing me to yelp in pain. This happened a large number of times until, finally, he let go of my throat.

"We're only getting started, Deku."

He began to kick my stomach until blood came sputtering out of my mouth.

"P-please.... s s-stop...."

Visibly angry by my helpless pleading, he snatched my throat once again, pounding me against the wall over and over again. It was until he stopped when he saw Kirishima standing yet feet away holding snacks and drinks of different varieties. I could barely hear Reds voice until he ran off Bakugou and he was holding me in his arms. Never before had I felt this feeling Red had given me. It was safety.

I felt safe.

Author's Note

Thank you for reading the first chapter of my story! I really hope you have enjoyed it! So, how was your day? Anything exciting or fun coming up? If not, i'm sure something will show up. After all, life is full of surprises! Just a small tip for the day, make sure you truly are with someone when either you're in a friendship or a relationship, etc that makes you feel safe. Saftey is very important!

I do not own My Hero Academia nor any of its characters.

Word Count -- 1,014 words!