Heroes

Credits - AmaiMizu - ;)

                                                                               Kirishima POV

Did that really happen? Am I just dreaming? Deku's bullying thing was nothing more than an joke, right? I walk over to Deku and kneel down to his level. 

"Here, let me help you up." I tried to offer my hand but he dodged it.

"No, I'm ok really." Deku tried to talk to me with a smile on his face but, I could tell even he couldn't hold it for long. 

I sighed.

"Please, let me at least help you walk."

It took a moment for Deku to think about my offer, but finally, he agreed.

"My house isn't very far from here."

It was about a ten to fifteen minute walk to my house and, quite frankly, I don't think he could have made it for much longer. I unlocked the front door and guided Deku through the living room, dining room and finally, my bedroom. I couldn't help but notice that he was in awe the entire time. Especially when he saw my bedroom. My room was simple really. A full sized bed, bedside table, a dresser and some old posters I found interesting. Yet Deku was amazed. I wonder what his room looks like. 

"Here, sit on the bed and i'll tend to your wounds." I said, trying to give him a genuine expression on my face. 

"ok." Deku said in a small, distant voice.

I explained to Deku that I was leaving to go get the first aid kit and I would be right back but, in reality, I wanted to hide somewhere that I could never be found in. I felt awful. I swiftly grabbed the first aid kit from the bathroom shelf and ventured my way back to my bedroom.

"Deku, do you mind taking off your shirt?" I asked politely.

He went pale and instantly started trembling. 

"You alright?" I really was starting to get concerned.

"I'm fine." Deku responded faster than usual, wich for Deku, was highly suspicious.

"Please take off your shirt."

The room went completely silent. Deku slowly closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Suddenly, he began to take the shirt off. My eyes widened. Underneath the shirt hundreds of scars on Deku's wrists were revealed including many newer cuts. Besides the scars, three times the amount of bruises and abrasions were littered amongst Deku's skin. It was clear most of the wounds were not from Bakugou Katsuki.

"Who did this?" I said, trying my best not to cry.

"M-m....my step-father." Deku's beautiful eyes started to shed tears.

I gently held Deku as he cried. He just cried and cried.

"I'm so sorry..."

I took his hand.

"You didn't do anything wrong." After I spoke I lifted his chin up to my view and smiled, trying to comfort Deku.

"How about you stay at my place until you're safe to head back home." Deku was queasy about this.

"Can I just stay the... night?" He could barely speak. 

The room went silent. 

"Can we talk about, those?" I asked still trying to be gentile. 

"Oh...oh." Deku frowned at his wrists.

I softly held one of his hands and stared into his blank eyes. His blank, cold, sad eyes.

"I'm sorry." 

I tilted my head.

"Don't be." Once the words came out of my mouth Deku was in shock. Nobody obviously had been kind to him before. Well, except his mother. God... that was truly awful, really. 

"What were you thinking that made you.... cut." 

It took Deku a minute to respond.

"I...its hard for me to.. live sometimes."

I was worried of this.

"It..s like nobody wants me around.. and whatever I do! Whatever you do! Whatever... It's just.... Not worth anything anymore! It's not worth living! Why do I make people mad! Why do they have to be angry! I just.... I want to make people happy! I want to be their hero!" Deku finished his speech with his face lifted up in my direction and passion written in his eyes.

"Then that's what we will do!" Deku's face lit up, and for the first time i've known him, he smiled. A bright big beautiful smile.

I want to lift his spirits.

I want to comfort him.

l want to love him.

Word Count -- 687 words