-Prologue-

I wake up to the loud military alarm.It is five a.m and hardly light outside.My dad is already out so I get myself ready.

I put on my nurses uniform and get my hair and makeup ready.I am not prohibited to wear a lot even tho I do not know how to put it on.I wear mascara and blush.Some of the only things I can get from the store.I have also learned hacks from some of the female soldiers.

I leave the house around 5:30.I am a nurse in the military.I have been in the military since birth.My dad is a major general and we have been living on the base since my mom died.

She died when I was 11 in the field.My dad hasn't really gotten over it but has moved on.To Sherrie.She is not even in the military.I do not know how my dad has fallen for her.I've always guessed it was for stability.Knowing that he could not lose her in the line gives him clarity.

He promises me that he is still in love with my mom and I believe him.He has been dating Sherrie for 3 years now so since I was 15 and they are planning to get married soon.I'm really exited but Sherrie doesn't like me.She sees me as a reflection of my mother. So she has been distant.

This is what I have gathered but what do I know I'm just a nurse.I became a nurse cause that's how I grew up.I was never was allowed to train with the soldiers.so I help the nurses.They have fun story's about when they hell and now I help them out with hurt soldiers when they train.there all in their mid 20s-30s.So they have gossip about soldiers.

As I walk into the lunch room for the first day back for base training I see my best friend.Diane Newman.She is a nurse like me so we spend a lot of time together.I grab my food.Since I am not a soldier I get a plain bagel.It is way better then what the soldiers get.Oatmeal.I despise oatmeal it's bland and taste bad.That's why I will never be a soldier.

Me and Diane sit down and talk about the day.I haven't seen her all break because she doesn't live on base so we have to catch up.She talks to me about her boyfriend carter and then like clock work ask me if I find any of the soldiers cute.And like clockwork I say no.Then as the clock hits 6:00 my dad walks in and all the soldiers stand including me and Diane.To be honest I'm not sure if we are supposed to stand.But we do it anyways because we don't wanna get in trouble.I would ask my dad but I don't want him to know that I don't know what I'm doing.

My dad tells all the soldiers to start the training."YES GENERAL"They yell back as they all leave.Me and Diane are the only ones left.My dad walks over and kisses me on the cheek and leaves.Me and Diane get and leave.

We walk to the nurses corner and set up.Many soldiers walk in but my first one I care for comes in around eleven.He fell to hard on the training course and his supervisor sent him.After I care for him I help 5 over people.
The other women have up to 8 or 10 soldiers but since I'm 18 they give me all the young ones.

Just as I'm getting packed up I get another one sent to me.When he comes in all I could do was look up.He was obnoxiously tall.To the point that it pisses me off.I consider myself pretty tall.I might be 5,0 but in my book thats tall.Dianes 5,4 and my dads 5,8.

I tell him to sit down and tell me what's the matter as I still pack up."I had a little Incident with a knife".He shows me a huge gash on his hand.I get out some wrap and wrap his hand.Even sitting down he is still a little taller than me.Just a little."Thanks love"He says in a deep voice."Excuse me"I say."Don't flatter yourself I call everyone love".Who does this guys think he is?"Well I'm not everyone so I would appreciate if you would refrain from calling me that."He just chuckles and walks out.Rude.

I finish packing up and leave.Diane has already left since she lives off of base so I end up taking dinner to me and dads cabin and eat there.I watch videos on my phone until about 20 minutes later when the wifi cut out.I get ready for bed when my dad walks in."Hey dad."I say washing my face.When it's dry I walk back into the living room where he is taking his medals off."Hey sweetie sorry we haven't talked today first day back is always busy,but I have a suprise this year you and Diane are eligible to do travel nursing so you'll go where the army does!" I jump in joy I've always wanted to be travel nurse and now it's finally happening I say goodnight to dad andI walk back into my room and go to bed.I think the first day back was a success.

Sorry this chapter feels rushed I just wanted everything about the characters out of the way so we can really dive into the story.
I also apologize for the repeat of words❤️
Remember I am a new writer so I would appreciate feedback about inconsistencies but no hate will be allowed

Thank you❤️