Chapter 3

I wake up the next morning at 5:00 and me and Diane get ready. We walk to the tent appointed to the nurse.

It's nice. Still dirt but medium size fits about four beds and one stretcher. There's a sink and a cabinet full of medicine alone with shelf's and shelf's of bandages,achohol and other stuff.

The part about this traveling job that me and Diane were exited for was that not only do we care for the soldiers but the people to. We have a little bit of setting up to do so we do that. We then draw straws out of the five of us to see who had traveling duty. We basically have to go around in the hot Sun for a few ours to make sure the soldiers and people are ok.

It ended up being me and another nurse name Olivia. Shes looks about her late 20s early 30s. To be honest I was happy to get picked I wanna get out there. So there we are going around. We first stopped to help this Older man with a week old ankle strained. Then this family who's six year old had a bad fever. So we gave them a bottle of Tylenol. But that was it everyone else was fine.

We were eating our packed lunch next to a lake when we hear boots stomp our way. We don't think anything of it until someone grabs me under my arm put and pulls me up to my feet. "What the hel-"
"I need to borrow her for a sec ok?" He cuts me off and basically drags me away from her. I mean my feet are lifting off the ground. I shake my arms out his hand. "What the fuc-" I Start but again he cuts me off. "Your not gonna be in today?" he says "uh..yeah" I say
"You didnt Tell me" he says
"Because I don't need to" I scoff but my eyes widen "how'd you know I wasn't at the nurse tent?" I says and he starts stuttering for a excuse. "You faked hurt so I could take care of you?" I say laughing. He scoffs but I'm just laughing hysterically. "Shutup" he mumbles but I'm still laughing.

It goes on for a good two minutes until he had enough of saying stop. He throws me over his shoulder and walks to the edge of the lake. "Keep laughing and I'll throw you in." He says his hands getting a grip on my waist. "You wouldn't dare!" I say and before I can react I'm getting thrown 7 feet across the lake landing in the water.

I emerge and quickly swim to the edge of the lake where I see him laughing. Damn he looks..hot in the uniform. I climb out the lake which Olivia has ran over to the edge to check on me. I climb out soaked my uniform grabbing onto my body. I walk over to him and push him "asshole" I mumble walking away.

Olivia told me it's ok if I go back she could hold it down until 1:00 when we our done so I can relax. As I'm walking back Aidens follows me. "Why are you following me!" I turn to him annoyed flaring my arms. "You know when your annoyed at me you flare your arms,it's cute" he says cockily. "Don't you have something else to do? Like some duty's" I say yawning sitting on a nearby bench.

"Tired?" he asks. "Very" I say respond and before I can react again he sweeps me of the bench and picks me up. "Uhm what are you doing?" I ask in shock "you said you were tired so I'm gonna carry you, is that ok?" He ask a little sarcastically.

To be honest I don't care as much as I probably should  I just put my head on his shoulder "sure" I say. He put me down when we get to the nurses tent and I go i and get a me pair of clothes with a bunch of questions from Diane of course.

"Are you ok!" "Why are you soaked?" "Why is he waiting for you?" She shoots questions at me and I chuckle and go behind a curtain to change while explaining what happened to her.

When I'm done changing it's already 12:30 and Olivia is back so I'm off. And Aiden is waiting for me. I go up to him "you can go now" I say. He puts his hands on his knees to look me in my eyes. "Why, you don't want me here?" he ask
"Oh,well, exactly now get out" I say
"Ow how stubborn" he says with a smirk but the stands straight leaving the tent.

I turn to the other nurses. And sit on one of the beds "so do they have nothing to do or.." I ask for confused on why they have so much free time. "It's because the military ball is on Friday so there being lenient" Diane respond to me sitting down on the bed as well

"oh that reminds me mili do you have a date because me and carter are going together obvi and I don't want you going alone" she says looking at me. I haven't thought about the ball at all. I put my head down and fiddle with my fingers "well I don't think I want to go" I say and Diane looks as if the world was ending. "Of course you going!" She says "Diane come on you know I'm not into all of that I don't even have a date" I say "ok we'll find you one tomorrow but you going" she says.
Oh god I'm scared.