Chapter 5

And there we are the four of us in town at 2:18.

We walk into a formal dress store.
Everyone comes here to get their dresses and suits.

The boys go first picking out there suits I let Aiden pick what he wants because it doesn't matter to me what he does. But Diane on the other hand had a lot to say about carters. The length and the shoes and the tie.

Diane has always been the fire of our friendship. Boys have always loved her so since we were 14 they been lining up at her doorstep. They used to do the same for me but once they figured out I'm not into dating they stopped. So since we were fourteen she has had 3 boyfriends so that's 3 more guys that have absolutely hated.

I don't know but it's something about them that pisses me off. I look over to Aiden who's fixing his suit to draw my attention away from Diane's shenanigans. Damn he looks hot. Like really hot in that suit.

"I look good don't I?" He chuckles looking at me through the mirror. Fuck was I staring? I look away quickly not responding. After they get their stuff we go pick out dresses and get changed.

Diane goes first and I wait on the bench next to carter since Aidens standing up. She walks out with a short blue sparkly dress. Carters eyes light up as she does a little spin.

She does look very beautiful. I'm actually suprised that carter didn't say anything about the length. We were talking about how if anyone would care about the lengths of our dresses that it would be carter. But he hasn't said anything.

"How do you like it?" She ask "great!" Carter says almost immediately. I giggle he really likes her. I Stand up and help her adjust her dress.

"You look great" I say looking up a little at her. She did look great.

"Ok imma change and then your turn" she says a sing songs voice and walks back into the dressing room. She comes out and I grab my dress. I walk into the changing room and change into the dress. As I am changing I hear Diane saying to Aiden "your just gonna love her dress!" She says and I scoff in a laugh.

I walk out adjusting my dress. Carter is not really paying attention to me as he should. But Diane is. She walks over and start complimenting me. Praising me for my looks.

"Your not wearing that." A voice says. We all look over and it's Aiden sizing me up. Just looking me up and down.

"And why not?" I ask putting my hands on my hips. He walks closer "your not wearing it" he says more stern.

Diane's just looking at me and Carter already got up to go to the bathroom. "You can't control what I wear" I say in a sassy tone.

"Well if I'm gonna be your date your not wearing it. Matter a fact even if I wasn't your not wearing it anway." I scoff "and when did you become my father" I say "and have you ever thought that I don't want to be your date?"

I continue and Diane steps in "ok you two let's not get carried away. We can just find you a different dress" I scoff as Diane drags me back to the dresses. "Its not fair" I pout as I sit down while Diane sorts through dresses accompanied by Aiden "we were supposed to match" I say crossing my arms stubbornly.

"Oh stop with the pouting" Aiden says and hands me a dress "try this" he says. I get up and go into the dressing room changing my mini dress to aidens white dress.

It's a little longer then the other dress just white and no slit. I go out and Diane starts praising me for the dress but I'm still upset because I couldn't wear the other one. Aiden is smirking from the bench so I give him the finger. He just smiles. God what a jerk.

The boys pay for out dresses and shoes so we leave. It's currently 3:10 and the bus comes back at 3:30 so we decide to walk to the bus stop and wait.

As we're walking I eye the shops and see this nice little cat cafe. Im suprised something like this would be out here but hey who am I to judge.

"Can we go in there!" I point and the group turns to see what I'm talking about. "It's already 3:15 if we don't keep waking we're gonna miss the bus." Carter says.

"Ok you guys can go and I'll grab something and sprint to the bus stop it'll only take a second." I say. Diane shrugs "ok" she says and keeps walking carter behind her following like a stray puppy.

I walk into the cafe and here big footsteps behind me. They sound like military boots. I turn around and it's Aiden.

"What are you doing?" I ask confused on why he followed me in. "If you think for a second your little legs can run that fast to catch that bus your insane." He says with a snarky chuckle.

"Well I guess I'm insane, now leave your bringing your manliness in here". I try to push him out but he does a Manuever to get behind me.

"So you think I'm manly" he says as he looks up at the menu. A cat starts to pure on my leg so I pick it up.

"What are you even getting from here all they have is coffee and none of it can be good for you." He says in an anoyying tone.

"Well I'll live a happy life knowing I had a coffee that probably is full of cat hair." I say

"now hold this while I order." I say giving him the cat which he reluctantly takes. "I'm assuming you don't want anything." I say to him

"no I'm more of a dog person" he replies and I roll my eyes and walk up to the counter and place a order for a vanilla latte with extra whip cream.

It takes about 5 minutes for it to come out and when it does I turn to Aiden who is not longer holding the cat as it hissed and scratched him. I don't blame it. "Ok we can go" I say. "No point" he responds blankly

"it's already 3;26 and unless I carry you while running, which you would never let happen, we won't make it so we might as well enjoy our time here whilst we can."

He says and sits down at a two person table. I realize there is no reason fighting with him as hes probably right so I sit down. As I do a cat jumps into my lap.

We're the only person in there exept for the old lady who works there. It's not quiet. The music playing in the background added by the cats purring really livens it up.

I sip my coffee and Aiden makes a slightly disgusted face at me.

"What?" I say snappy.

"Can you even call that coffee I mean it's all sugar." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I don't like coffee" I say with a shrug. I finish my coffee and we head out to catch the 4 o'clock bus. The ride back is about a half an hour so we're gonna be just in time for dinner.

I'm exhausted so when we sit down in the two seater seats I pass out and wake up's my head in Aidens lap his hand on my head. I jolt up and we make eye contact.

"Sorry" I say embarrassed "no problem". He says unbothered. Not making eye contact with me.

The bus stops at the the base and we get off. It's a little late it's about 5:15 so we're late for dinner. Diane and carter took our bags so we head straight to the cafeteria. Everyone has go there food so we get to the line as they close up and hassle ourselves food.

We sit down and Diane and carter immediately look at eachover and Diane giggles.

" What?" I say confused "where were you guys at?" She ask. "Coffee took a little longer" I say annoyed.

She probably thinks we were hanging out. I mean we were but not by choice. It was purely just timing. Right?