Chapter 1

I wake up the next morning and my dad has already left.Oh god.I slept in.How could I the alarm is ear bursting.

I quickly get up and change.Without putting on any makeup.Im lucky I haven't because as soon as I walked out the heat hits me.My makeup would have melted straight off.I rush to the breakfast room and everyone is gone.The lunch lady our packing up so I grab a bagel and cream cheese and quickly spread it and leave.

As I'm rushing to the nurses quarter I bump into something.It was like a wall.All I could do is look up.I do it slowing as I'm still upset about my bagel falling to the ground."What the hell I thought all soldiers should be training!"I say looking up,and realizing I'm under this guys literally shoulder.

At this point we are chest to chest."Im hurt."He says blankly."And aren't you a nurse maybe you could check it out for me."He says a little teasing in that English accent."Im off the clock"I say annoyingly as I brush off the crumbs on my uniform ."Well can you please look so I can go back to training" I pick up bagel and sigh "sure I don't usually have patients this early maybe your just different but cmon I'll check you out" I say slightly teasing.

We walk to the nurses corner as we walk in all the nurses all talking and gossiping because we don't have anyone this early.As we walk in all the nurses look comfuse "sit down" I say pointing to a bed.Diane walks over to me as I put my stuff down. "What is he doing here so early?" She whispers "I don't know I slept in and he stopped me on my way over he'll be out in a second and I'll come join you guys ok?" I whisper back going back towards him.

"so what's the issue" I say snapping my glove on and sighing "I got nicked by a vine" he pulls his pant leg up and all I see is an open wound with blood gushing out. My eyes widen "looks like you got way more than nicked" I say grabbing a towel and bending over to stop the bleeding he just chuckles.

I look up at him trying to get some alcohol on a napkin at the same time I'm trying to hold the towel on his legs. "I'm glad you think this is funny you could have gotten an infection" I say he bends down and keeps the towel on his leg himself while I get the alcohol on the napkin. "Glad to know you care about me darling" I scoff I'm also not surprised soldiers are cocky and say stuff like this all the time "I don't know you, and you might want to hold onto something darling" I mock annoyed and remove the towel pressing the alcohol napkin on his leg but he doesn't react like the other soldiers he doesn't react at all I'm upset by that but not because I want to inflict pain on him but that I didn't prove my point.

I wrap the bandage and ask for his name so I can fill out a form "Aiden darling, Aiden Wilson." I get angry by that I'm fed up with the darling I turn around to confront him "well mr Aiden Wilson you better stop calling me darling do you even know who I am" I say obviously angry

he stands up his figure is tall and it lingers over my 5,0 body he must be 6 something "oh I know exactly who you are I just simply don't care" I'm in shock as he quickly steals a kiss on my cheek and leaves I hear "ooooooos" from all the over nurses but I ignore them. I have 3 other men come in one had his arm sliced another twisted his ankle while training and the last one got tangled in barbed wire. But after a long day lunch finally came at 11:30. I get in the back of the line behind a solider.usually I wait until all the soldiers have got there food but I'm starving.

But as I'm waiting in line I get bumped from behind by two soldiers playing around.I turn around and great. Aiden Wilson how fun. I turn back around before he notices me but it's to late. "Don't try to hide now shorty" he laughs and it really ticks me off. As I turn around to retort the line moves so I move with it.I decide it's not worth my time my main focus is to eat. When I get there I fill my tray with rice and fish a great energy booster.

I sit down with Diane and her boyfriend carter. She's eating a burger and he's eating chicken.we talk for a while and Diane brings up Aiden. "So mili who's that guy that keeps visiting you" I almost choke on my food "I don't know some clumsy idiot of a soldier" she laughs and carter looks confused so Diane explains. "This soldier keeps on getting hurt and goes straight to mili for the last two days and today he even landed a kiss" she giggles i roll my eyes.

"What was his name mili? Oh right, it was Aiden something" she reply's to carters question of if he knows him "oh yeah I know him he has a tight friend group only hangs out with a few guys" he says and keeps eating his chicken.

And just like that lunch is over and it's time to go back to work. But as we're walking back our names or nurse badge numbers our announced on the loudspeaker so we report to the general's office.

We sit down and my dad informs us that now we are now eligible for travel and we are going to Iraq and Ukrainian with task force 134 and we are estatic obviously not in the office to keep it professional but we have wanted to travel for so long.

So the next week we are off with the TF. As we they get in the tan closed roof vehicle with the soldiers and three other nurses.

But as I step in I see a familiar face. "Your joking" I scoff under my breath. Diane hears me and looks the way I'm looking and starts laughing. It's Aiden,Jesus I can't escape from this guy. I've been looking forward to this moment my whole life for it to be ruined by some British jerk. I sit down and Diane waves to her boyfriend and does the same. Me and Diane fall asleep on the 3 hour car ride from our base to the border of Iraq,and I'm so excited

Well that's it for this chapter I hope you enjoyed and I'd like you to remember that I try but not all of this is accurate.Next chapter is gonna get a little more interesting❤️