002 | ʜᴇ's ʙᴀᴄᴋ 

•---✵---꧁꧂---✵---•

I carefully put down Ethan's hat and the chest piece made out of cardboard on the coffee table. I took a quick shower and changed into a warm sweater wanting nothing more than warmth. I sat down on the couch leaning back into the soft pillows. Lane was leaning onto the couch, behind where I was sitting, with his arms. He looked down at me, grabbed a blanket and held it in my face covering my sight.

He laughed at the sight of me trying to shove his arms and the blanket away from me. Eventually he gave in and let it fall into my lap. I looked up at him annoyed. He just grined teasfully and made his way to the kitchen. I cuddled myself into the fuzzy and warm blanket unaware of the pair of eyes on me.

Mindy went through the many Tv channels until one caught her attention. The Display of the Tv portrayed a crime scene with blue and red light flashing around the reporter as he looked into the Camera telling everybody what had happened. Lane game back with a water bottle in his hand and sat down next to me.

Mindy looked at me with a serious expression after hearing the words that left the reporters mouth. I sat up from my comfortable position, my brows furrowing, staring at the Tv. Chad quickly left the room to get Sam. No one dared to say anything. "Sam, get up here!" I put my legs on the couch pulling them close to me.

Suddenly I felt very hot. The warmth around me quickly becoming to much as I started sweating. The voices around me starting to fade. My vision became unfocused but I was still looking at the Tv screen. "What's going on?" Sams voice pulled me out of my trance and I looked up at her. "Cute boy. Nice" Quinn told Sam pointing at the bearded man behind her.

"Their names have just been released by police. Jason Carvey and Greg Buckner."

"Holy shit, that's that chode from our Film Studies Class." Mindy called out

"Also found at the scene were various Ghostface costumes, a character popularized by theStab movie franchise"

I looked around from person to person. Everybody with the same worried expression. I felt Lane lean into the couch sighing and rubbing his hand over his face.

"Pack a bag. we leave in ten." Sam frantically rushed into the kitchen. "Sam! Wait Sam!" Tara stood up and ran after Sam.

Lane motioned his head towards the "Cute boy" while looking at Chad. He understood quickly and began to usher the man out. He made funny hand movements and closed the door in front of the confused guy.

Lane put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it lightly, making me look at him. He gave a me a weak but genuine smile to reassure me.

I looked around the room. Anika was comforting her girlfriend by stroking her hand. Chad was pacing around the room. And Ethan's eyes had darkened as he was watching Lane's every move.

He caught my eyes and his gaze softened with his brows furrowing into worry. His eyes lowered towards my shaking leg and I quickly stopped realizing it was bouncing up and down.

Tara and Sam walked into the living room again. "This might not even have anything to do with us!" Tara yelled at her sister who looked at her in disbelieve. "Are you serious?"

"It's a big city!" Tara's voice became more high pitched as she tried to get her point across. "This isn't a coincidence!"

"Chad, Y/n, Lane, Mindy, back me up!"
"It is little bit.." "Close to home." The twins completed each others sentences.

Tara turned around to face Quinn. "Quinn, your dad's a cop, right? Can you call him and find out what's going on?" She turned back around "Before you make the unilateral decision to abandon my college education and flee the fucking state!"