007 | ᴘʜᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ

•---✵---꧁꧂---✵---•

After me and Ethan made up yesterday, Officer Bailey told us he had an idea.

So now I was sitting between Chad and Lane on the floor of a small white van.

Sam and Tara were in the park waiting for the Ghostface to call so Kirby could track and locate his position. Chad was still suspicious off Ethan so he was practically squeezing me because he scooted away from Ethan as far as possible.

"So we're really doing the phone tracing thing that never works in the movies?" Mindy asked sarcastically making Chad chuckle and Kirby scoff. She was typing some things into the computer for a while now.

"It'll be all 'Keep him talking, Sam. Two more minutes, I've almost got him." Mindy continued and Lane reached over to grab a few of the Cheetos Ethan was eating. "And then he hangs up just before we can get a lock."

"I can trace a call in under 15 seconds." Kirby replied sassily, obviously done with Mindy's doubt.

"Well, you've got them out there as bait." Mindy leaned forward. "Because the killer usually calls from somewhere nearby."

"And you think they're safe because it's broad daylight in a public place?" Mindy twitched her head to the side. Lane was chewing loudly next to me and put his hand out with a Cheeto in my direction.

I looked at him and took it, knowing he would just aggressively shove it in my mouth or wipe his greasy hands on my pants.

"Look, I am here, okay? And so is Bailey." Kirby said her hands still laying on the keyboard of the computer and I swallowed the Cheeto.

"Yeah, because Bailey being here makes us feel a lot safer." I scoffed and Kirby turned around in her chair to face me. "What do you mean?"

"I think he's Ghostface. Not that hard to understand." I didn't mean to give Kirby such a harsh response but that old man was getting on my nerves now.

"Y/n." Lane groaned. "No! I mean what if he just told us he had this wonderful idea, lured us to this park for some reason we don't know yet and is just wasting our time!" I was done with Lane always defending that grandpa.

Kirby just hummed, squinting her eyes as she turned back around.

"This is exactly how our Uncle Randy died." Mindy pulled her eyes away from me and looked back at Kirby. "Broad daylight. Public place. Yanked into a van. Stab, stab, stab. No more Randy."

It was quiet for a few moments and Ethan pushed his Cheeto bag into Chad's, Lane's and my direction so we could take some. Lane immediately reached over and grabbed a handful.

His whole arm was blocking my sight so I pushed it down, sending him a harsh look. "Hey, Sam? Stay frosty out there, okay?" Kirby said and Lane dropped a few crumbs on my lap.

I just picked them up one by one and threw them at his head. "Hey!" he exclaimed and ran his fingers through his hair to get the crumbs out. Chad chuckled and Ethan just stared at us with a blank look.

We heard a signal, alerting us that somebody was calling Sam. She picked up and we were all able to listen to the call.

"For a mastermind, you're not very bright." The Ghostface told Sam.