005 | ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ

•---✵---꧁꧂---✵---•

Sam thought it would be safer for us to stay at hers, Tara's and Quinn's apartment for a little sleepover. Ethan had texted me before saying he had Econ and sadly he couldn't come.

I was helping Mindy set up the table for the four of us.

Me and Mindy were eavesdropping Tara's and Chad's sappy love confession. Mindy gagged "Will you two just make out already?"

I laughed looking at the two love birds. "Mindy, that is so inappropriate, dude." Chad lifted his hand.

"Oh whatever." Mindy had finished setting up her side of the table and went into the kitchen.

I followed her and she started complaining about how she did not want to stay here.

"Well, too bad. I insist. Safety in numbers." Sam said and took a bottle from the highest shelf.

Me, Mindy, Chad, Lane, Tara and Sam were all huddled up in the kitchen while Anika was watching Tv.

"This'll be so fun! A slumber party with the Core six!" Chad leaned backwards on the counter.

"Core six?" Sam judged the nickname. "Did you just give us a nickname?" I looked at him.

"I sure did. We've been through a lot together and it's a pretty cool nickname." "That's debatable." Sam said.

"It's extremely debatable." Her sister joined in. "You can't just give yourself a nickname, dingus." Mindy judged her twin brother.

"Of course I can, dingus, because I just did." Her twin argued back.

"Core six, up top!" He put his hand in the air for a high-five. "No" Mindy shook her head.

Chad turned towards Tara. "Down low." "Get that away from me."

"Please, for the love of God." He stretched his hand out to Sam. "Don't do it." Mindy said and me and Tara laughed.

"I would actually like a little more respect and support from my fellow members of the Core six."

"Come here, man." Lane put his hand out and Chad immediately gave him a high-five. Groans and laughs erupted.

"Oh, I knew my best man wouldn't leave me hanging." Chad patted Lane on the back, who nodded in agreement.

"Guys. What the hell?" Anika turned the volume of the Tv up.

We're hearing from sources inside the homicide division that the prime suspect is none other than Samantha Carpenter. One of the survivors of the Woodsboro killings in 2022, seen here attacking a woman on the street last night.

We were all in the living room now, to see the Tv display better.

The News showed a video of Sam screaming at the group of girls who splashed me and her with some drink last night.

Sam scoffed and turned the Tv off.

She sat down at the table looking at her hands. I followed her and sat down next to her.