Chapter 12

"We have left our things and the conference starts in the evening. We are on time, so we can take a tour around here, don't you think?"

Hyunjin covered his face with his hand as he adjusted his dark glasses over his eyes and cursed the field environment. The buzzing of insects prickled his ears, and the heat nailed him everywhere. He shifted his gaze from Minho to Jeongin, who was seen nodding and smiling, eyes bright with excitement.

"You go ahead and take a look at it, then. I don't see anything interesting to walk in a desert with plants and bugs biting you all over your damn body." He muttered, taking the lid off his water bottle.

Minho sighed reluctantly.

"I'm very excited to be here, I'll go for a walk, are you coming with me, Innie?"

The younger looked back at Minho the smile on his lips getting bigger and being illuminated by the rays of the sun and the countryside environment. He held his bag excitedly over his shoulder and parted his lips slightly.

"No, he can't." Hyunjin's determined voice cut him off. "He is my employee, he has come with me and he has to carry my things. Next time bring yours, although I don't think there will be a next."

Silence fell like lightning from heaven. Jeongin's eyes lost their shine and he just stared at everything in confusion. Minho sighed again.

"Well don't worry, we'll have another chance later, Innie." He gave him a thumbs up and smiled again. "I'll go call my father to let him know how this is going, I'll see you later, okay?"

Hyunjin raised and lowered both eyebrows, watching as Jeongin kept his face filled with confusion. When his eyes met his, he lowered his gaze with a flushed face and a smile on his thick, provocative lips.

What? Couldn't bear to look him in the eye?

He looked at him from head to toe, noticing his black jeans and white T-shirt with pink lettering around it. It all suited him so damn good.

"You wanted to go with him, right?"

The oldest raised the bottle to his lips and saw him look up a bit and desperately shake his head, still smiling.

"No ... no, no problem." He stammered, almost tripping over a rock on the soggy ground. "If you like me to stay, I'll stay."

The older one continued walking and couldn't stop a listless half smile from creeping across his lips. His servant was a case. If he had just spread his legs the first time he saw him in the kitchen, everything would be very different now. But he had to accept that the situation was funny.

At least, by spouting stupid things like that, he had made him forget the disgust of having to associate with shitty people like Lee Minho.

"I think we can take the walk together."

"Really?" The illusion returned to Jeongin's eyes. "But the mosquitoes and plants..."

"I don't care anymore."

The fox like boy flinched a bit, still smiling, as his eyes moved to the green field around him. There were many trees, statues, and birds flitting through the leaves and people were scarce, because almost all of them were concentrated on the other side of the field, where the hotel and the rest of the buildings were.

He had never seen anything as beautiful as that and he believed he did not deserve to be there. He was on the verge of falling again, but he held out.

"I really like the countryside. Where I used to lived, there were many birds and plants like here, but this place is better cared for and is bigger."