Chapter 33

"You keep making a big deal out of that? Just forget it."

The water fell on the pile of dishes in the sink and Jeongin turned on his heel, holding the damp sponge in his hands nervously. 

"No, Hyunjin, you shouldn't have said anything to him. Now that he knows, he will tell your sister and your mother will believe that I have betrayed her." He insisted with his face furrowed in a desperate grimace. "She has been very good to me and this isn't fair, it's not fair and I am afraid to think how she will feel."

His eyes met Hyunjin's and the older burst out laughing, drying his hair as if nothing had happened.

"I don't see the fun in this." Jeongin turned to the sink, taking a new plate and moistening the entire sponge in detergent. 

"He won't say anything to anyone, I assure you. He is too much of a puss to say something."

"But he will think many things about me and will not speak to me again."

Hyunjin moved to his side and removed the sponge, then set it aside and began to scrub the first plate of breakfast vigorously.

"Of course he will not dare to get closer to you, because he now knows that you are mine. And nobody touches what is mine."

He passed the plate over the water and watched Jeongin's reflection in the mirror of one of the pastry chefs, seeing him move nervously and sigh twice. 

"He won't tell anyone, take off that face. If he had wanted to say it, the whole world would have known by now, don't you think?"

"Hyunjin, I don't know what I'm going to do."

"Change that face and put on one of those pretty smiles that you always wear."

The youngest shrugged and couldn't help but smile, although his smile didn't shine as before.

"But if your family finds out..."

"He won't talk, also, you should be grateful that I didn't kill him right there. Him coming up with those two movie tickets and telling you all that stupid things. You should have seen the face he made. Such a jerk."

He put down the last of the plates and turned, walking towards him to take his arm and pull his body until he was as close as possible to his, feeling the warmth of his breath caress his face and his bright eyes.  He looked at him uneasily.

"Stop worrying and come and kiss me."

His lips intertwined with his and he managed to savor his warmth and feel the softness and sweetness of his mouth, which always stirred something inside him and pumped his nerves. His body, his lips, his mouth, would always be his favorite place to be, even if he tried to fight it. 

Actually, it was useless to fight it, because it was stronger than a tidal wave and an earthquake combined. He pulled away and saw him lower his head and smile, a little more convinced and sure. He returned to the sink and wanted to turn off the tap, but the figure of his mother by the door made him stiff. Was she still doing at home?

"Hyunjin, honey." she said, looking excited and frowning as she looked around. "Washing the dishes? You have a visitor, so leave that at once."

The sponge fell from his hands when the short black hair girl in ripped shorts and a crop top appeared with two bags clinging to her hands, smiling.

"I came to make lunch today, Baby. I have bought everything you need to make spaghetti, your favorite dish." She left the bags on the table, looking at him with a force smile, as she began to remove smaller bags from inside. Tomato sauce, noodles, vegetables, etc.