The Trip

'He is an IITian and brother of an IAS Officer. He is the far better choice over me and if my brother can be manipulated by her then why not Abhi. She is a rare beauty. He has been talking to her since two and a half hours. What kind of discussion will be going on there? Should I go and check? No, no that's not fair, my friend wouldn't break my trust. Stop overthinking.' My heart and mind collapsed.

Next day when I woke up, Vivan already has left. Abhi was snoring and my phone was near his pillow. He didn't dine last night as his meal was at the same place where I put it last night. I prepared Poha for breakfast. It was Sunday. I woke him up and after half an hour devoured breakfast.

'Will uncle come today?' He asked.

'No, today is Sunday, Papa will be home today.' I said.

'Thanks to uncle, for providing us such a home for our cheap thrills.' He said.

'I would thank to my brother, he persuaded father to get this home in university.' I said.

'Then thanks to him, too.' He said.

Both of us laughed.

'We waited for you for a long time even one beer of yours is still in the fridge.' I said.

'It will be finished by afternoon.' He said.

'She is a magician, look how she convinced our friend to ditch the party.' I said in a sarcastic way.

'Yes, she is, even I am amazed how someone could talk six hours on phone. I slept at 5.00am.' He said.

'5.00am?' I exclaimed.

'Yes, bachelor talks, college talks, and school talks, consumed all of me.' He said.

'Hit six at first ball.' Little-me said.

'Magnetic girl, isn't she?' I asked.

'Yes, let's go outside.' He said.

'Okay.' I said.

'We are blessed here actually, just look at the Ganga, the holy water continuously flows here, People from far come here just to enjoy their weekends. To breathe fresh air near the river, for a morning walk.' He said while puffing.

'People enjoy the rare sights. People living in Kashmir just hate the snow while we love it. Continuous sight is boring.' I said.

'That's right but a city like Delhi is a very congested city, people can't even see the clear sky, and the atmosphere is full of dust and smoke. Though it has facilities still just lack of space.' He said.

'Jaipur is a good, clean and nice city, with every facility.' I said.

'You always favor Jaipur, is there some particular reason?' He asked with a smile.

'No, I traveled less and as per my eyes Jaipur seems good.' I replied with a smile.

'I'm gonna tell you one thing.' He said.

'Say.' I said.

'She ain't gonna love you, ever. I talked her in detail about all things. So, I don't think you should wait for her.' He said making his face and looking below to the ground so that it shouldn't hurt me.

I ignored his talk.

'What's the funniest thing that she discussed to you?' I asked.

'Amm, she said once one of her classmates cut his vein for her and instead of being emotional, she suggested him to eat pomegranate to overcome the loss of blood.' He said and started laughing.

'Yeah, I know that boy, anyway leave it.' I said and laughed.

'She can't be driven emotionally again after what she has already suffered.' I said.