Prologue

Alice

I wasn't ready to leave this all behind. I tried to work harder than before to get him out of my mind. But how can you forget about someone you once loved?

I was so in love with him. He was my twin flame, maybe not my soulmate but definitely the person I wanted to spend my life with. I loved him so much. He and I were screaming colors, when we were together all of the people around us could see that. The sky was colorful and our love could warm the coldest days, our love could grow flowers. I didn't know how much he meant to me until I lost him.

We never told anyone about us, only our closest friends knew. Our families still don't know, my family still can't understand the heartbreak. We were so careful about not being seen together. Hell, we didn't even follow each other on social media. We were living in a world that it was just us and nobody else existed.

We weren't even in a relationship. We said that we were exclusive but we never gave a title to what was going on between us. I tried to make him speak, to tell me what he thought but everytime he shut me out. He said that he didn't want to talk, that I was being too pushy and that I had to let my mind calm a little if I wanted this to work. We were like that all of 2021. But, we broke up before the year ended. No, I should put it better, we stopped seeing each other. I had movies to film and he had music to write. We were busy. We were talking on the phone once every other day and that was it, nothing else. I was the only one calling and when he answered he was never happy, something always bothered him. One day nobody made a move, neither of us called or texted and that happened to the following day as well, and then to the following. I had to accept that I wouldn't hear his voice ever again. I had to accept that I wouldn't feel his hands around me when I sleep at night. I had to accept that I would forget the shape of his lips.

I wish that I wouldn't hear his name again. But this year made him a legend, something he always dreamt of becoming. He was one of the firsts to go back on the road and that helped his career the most. It's May now and he is about to release his new album. Harry's house. I remember that sometime last year we took a trip to Japan together. He listened to an album with a similar name and said that he wanted to name his album like that as well. My answer was Joni Mitchell's song. He found it a splendid idea. He never showed me any of the songs he had written, he said that he was going to use some of his last album. I know some songs are going to be about me, he told me that. It's the only thing that I know.

My most recent film is about to come out. It will quickly become a blockbuster and I know why, because it has an amazing casting and because it is about Elvis Presley. I'm playing his wife Priscila and I'm beyond excited to see my castmates again.

That was the casting I met Harry for the first time. He was auditioning for the role of Elvis, and we were being casted together. We had great chemistry but he didn't end up taking the role. Austin was by far better and he was accurate about his moves at his auditions. A few months later, Harry and I met again at My policeman set. I am playing Julia, Marion's friend. My role is minor but I wanted to be part of this production because I loved the book when I read it a couple of years ago. It was the first time Harry and I became acquainted and then the rest is history. We immediately hit it off, we started going on daily walks alone, we had drinks more often than we thought we did and one night he kissed me.

I was on set for only a couple of scenes, since my character wasn't at many scenes but Harry and I always found time for each other despite his busy days. We met in London and more often than not in his house. We spent so much time together and by the middle of 2021, I thought we were official despite not having a title. We never said I love you, we never said that we were in love. We took trips, we were cuddling in different cities but we were never seen together. We were a well kept secret because we thought that the less people know, the more we are going to last. We were wrong.