23| Style

Alice

I'm travelling today, and I'm in a private jet as well. I think it is the first time I've been in a private aeroplane and I'm happy that we decided to do that. I know that we could fly in business but that wouldn't go as low key as we wanted to go. Two of the biggest names out there travelling together is big news and I don't want to make it to the news these days.

Things with my mother are going well, only because she doesn't communicate with me at all. I don't want to break it and have her text me again. Harry and Cara insist on me blocking her but I can't, I surely can't. She's my mother after all. Some nights, when I can't sleep and I don't have Harry to braid my hair and whisper sweet nothings to me, I try to find the things I've done wrong to deserve that kind of treatment. I try to forget it all and leave her behind. But I just can't, the scars are deeper and I can't forget everything that she said to me, to the little girl that she was raising. Someone told me that someone who loves you wouldn't do this, and Harry tends to remind me that even if we are family, we are not the same.

"What are you thinking?" Harry asks me and gives me a water bottle I didn't ask for.

I shake my head. "Nothing, just how good life is lately. I'm here with you and I'm about to watch you sing live for the first time ever." I admit. It's a shame that I haven't watched him perform live and the only performance that I've seen was the one on the Late Late show. I still try to forget all the crying I did that night.

"I wish you were somewhere in the crowd." He says as he sits on the couch I am sitting. He takes me into his arms and I place my head in his chest. His perfume is still noticeable even though we are on air for a long time.

"I wish that too, but you know about how everyone is. It's not that simple to be at one of your shows in the other corner of the world when everyone knows I am currently working."

"I wish we were just us, just for a day. Just Harry and just Alice, not Harry Styles and Alice Knightley. I am so done with the name and the act I have to keep from time to time. It's tiring!" He lets out his thoughts and I nod because I know exactly how he feels. I take his right hand and I kiss it. He giggles at my gesture and holds me closer to him, even if it isn't possible.

"God, get married already." Cara sighs and I look at her. Harry laughs. "I'll marry her and I'm not going to invite you." He pecks my lips and Cara throws a pillow at us. Jeff is done with all of this and he changes the subject of the conversation immediately.

"So, Alice, are you going to watch the show from the vip?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"No no, backstage for today. I can't deal with all the rumours that my presence is going to start." I try to explain my reasons to the two managers in front of me. They seem to understand and Jeff says to us that the moment we land we will go straight to the stadium. Different cars and all. He knows how to do this, he has done it again for Harry and I.

-

The show was amazing. The energy, from both Harry and the crowd, was something exceptional. Some days ago, I read somewhere that Harry's voice can grow flowers and I think it really does. He was giving it all and everyone can feel how much he loves his job. I cried so much during Matilda, a song that makes me cry every time I hear it, but it's completely different listening to it live. Cara and Jeff were by my side and I'm sure that Harry told them to be. They know about my mother, the monster woman as H calls her now, and they were there in case I broke down worse than I did.

I watch Harry walk backstage, his arm around Pauli's neck. He laughs with all his heart at something Pauli says and I can't help it but smile.

"ALICE, my baby." He basically screams as he sees me and runs to me. I open my hands but he has other intentions. He wraps his hands around my waist and my feet are off the ground before I get to think about it. Everyone laughs at how playful he is and he just says that he loves me. Lloyd holds his camera up and takes a few photos, not to share with the world, just for us so we can remember the moment.