Just the Girl (1.5)

In the small amount of time between the end of school and the beginning of work, Roxy and Big Time Rush could often be found by the famous Palm Woods pool to soak in some sweet Los Angeles sun. While the girl typically used the time to either relax or get some homework out of the way, the guys were mostly focused on picking up girls - despite not being famous yet.

Finally outside after a long morning of learning, the five picked their usual lounge chairs and began their normal activities. Roxy laid out her schoolwork and supplies at the end of the lounge chair line, carefully pulling her skirt a bit higher up her thigh to help avoid getting any strange tan lines. Next to her, Carlos let out a joke wolf whistle as he set up his area and switched his black helmet out for a pair of blue sunglasses.

"What time is it?" Kendall asked, pulling on his shades.

"It's girl time!" The other three answered as they scanned the pool for any potential targets.

How they think they can win girls in board shorts and t-shirts is unfathomable.

After their little call-and-response schtick, the boys stood up, and the Jennifer's appeared on the other side of the pool, walking in slow motion toward the group. Each of them were dressed in a cute pool outfit, making sure to show off all their best features. Even their matching hats bounced in sync as the trio made their way to the tables near the café.

The band reached their hands out in greeting, but the three girls didn't even let them get a word in as they continued to walk by.

"Talk to us when you get in the top ten..." Brown-haired Jennifer started, hand up in a "stop" motion.

"But not before," Curly-haired Jennifer finished as they kept on walking.

The boy's deflated attitudes didn't last for long as Camille, dressed in the cheerleader's uniform Roxy had given her a few days ago, appeared at Kendall's side. True to form, she gave the blond a tremendous slap across the face and began to monologue.

Her face was scrunched in anger, "How could you? With my mom in the hospital and my huge fight with my best friend, and my zit?"

It was clear she was expecting some sort of reaction from any of the five, based on how she pointed to her made-up zit and paused after her dramatic one-liner.

"Hey, Camille!" Roxy called from the chair behind where her friends were standing, deciding against trying to do her pre-calc homework for now. Everything going on around her was far more interesting than a few math problems. "Degrassi audition?"

The rage she displayed seconds ago faded into a big smile, "Wish me luck!"

Raising her hand, she slapped Kendall one more time for good measure before heading back to the lobby of the hotel.

As they watched her leave, Carlos spotted some more ladies to try and place the moves on.

Oh, this'll be good.

"Simms twins!" Carlos cheered, pointing in the girls' direction.

Heading toward the cabanas at the back of the pool, the beautiful women made their way down the stretch of concrete in their adorable matching outfits.

Quickly, James pushed his friend's hand back before the twins took notice. Even the mega-flirt could recognize when his chances were low.

"Too risky!" He hissed, "You know they get pretty upset if you get their names wrong."

A completely understandable fact from the assistant's point of view.

There was one issue with Carlos, however, his impulsive nature never let him think before he opened his mouth; he normally picked whichever of their names popped into his head first without attempting to learn their correct ones. As his friend had cautioned, the girls hated when their names were mixed up and were not afraid to let that person know it.