Livin' On A Prayer (1.9)

"I can't believe we've been here for one whole month," Kendall sighed, lounging poolside with his bandmates and assistant.

Beside him, Carlos nodded, "One glorious, fun-filled month."

"One glorious, fun-filled, sun-filled month," Chimed in James.

Fun-filled for who, exactly? Roxy asked herself as the boys recounted their antics, all of which she had to clean up. From their tricycle race across the hotel to their bathtub-though-the-lobby prank to the hockey bear mascot attack prank - all from just that morning.

But it hadn't been all that bad for her, she concluded, as she thought about her own personal growth over the course of the month. She had lent some of her songwriting talents to the band, and with the help of Gustavo, their demos were coming along quite nicely.

"The demos!" She yelled, startling herself and the boys around her as she came to a shocking realization.

The month they had spent in Hollywood was easily the best month of her life so far, but whether or not they got to stay was all dependent on company CEO, Arthur Griffin. They certainly were not the only band trying to break the big time, not even the only band currently signed under Rocque Records. If their demos weren't picked, Gustavo would send them packing all the way back to their little podunk town in Minnesota. Something that Roxy planned to avoid at all costs.

As if her dread wasn't already growing larger in the pit of her stomach, Kelly strode up to the teens from the lobby - 5 tickets poking out from behind her record book.

"Hey, guys!" Her cheery tone betrayed the awful information she was about to deliver to the boys. "I just stopped by to drop off your tickets."

"Oh!" Exclaimed Logan, wiggling his fingers to snatch one of the papers from her. "Hockey tickets?"

"Concert tickets, hm?" James raised an eyebrow.

I could only wish they were concert tickets.

"No," The assistant sighed, defeatedly holding out the palm of her hand toward the older woman. "Plane tickets."

Nodding in confirmation, the talent scout confirmed Roxy's suspicions, but the boys still didn't seem to understand. Carlos and Kendall even looked at each other excitedly, trying to figure out an exotic location that would fit both of their vacation needs.

Kelly looked between the band members, "You guys do know that if your demos don't get picked by the record company tomorrow, you're going back to Minnesota."

There were a variety of different reasons this arrangement would not work out for Roxy. If their demos didn't get picked, she would have to say goodbye to all of her Palm Woods friends, destroy an undefined relationship with her favorite teen idol, return home a massive failure, and on top of it all she would be forced to get on a plane for the second time in her life. Just the thought of it made her queasy.

It didn't work for the guys either, but at least this information acted as a form of motivation. Each of them jumped out of their seats, eager to follow Kelly all the way to Rocque Records to try and see if Gustavo could do anything about the current situation before releasing their newest demo track: "Famous".

Though the band and their assistant had already spent a good amount of time recording the vocals and the backing track, Gustavo hadn't felt the song was "ready to release" since his trip to North Carolina. On top of letting the teen's house sit his mansion, he had been awfully busy trying to convince Griffin to choose Big Time Rush's demos, so he hadn't been able to work on producing the final cut of the track until recently.