Ghostbusters (1.13)

"We're halfway there, we're looking good now."

Easily matching the acoustic cords Roxy played as she sat, Big Time Rush were more than happy to show off their most recent song "Halfway There."

Right outside the Palm Woods pool at one of the many firepits with her band, Roxy had been attempting to play her newly written acoustic tracks for Jo and Camille after a long day at Rocque Records when they decided to jump in with her. The idea for an acoustic version of their EP had come to her at work earlier in the day as she sat in the recording studio listening to the boys practice their routines to their current songs. Slowly, she had been chugging along on a few new songs herself, but none of them were quite complete enough to share just yet.

She and the band had gone through all six songs on their EP, attracting a small crowd of other Palm Woods residents their age who were all hanging out by the pool or even lounging on their balconies above the outdoor area. Everyone was more than happy to attend the impromptu concert, singing and clapping along when they knew the words to share a special moment with the up-and-coming band.

"We're halfway there, and looking back now, I never thought that I'd ever say, We're halfway there-"

Roxy looked up to the crackling fire, giving a welcomed warmth to the cold night air, before glancing over to her friends as they hit the correct notes on their harmonies and dragged out the last line. While she was sitting down on the padded sofa facing the lobby, the band were standing opposite her to face the crowd they had inadvertently gathered.

As Logan started on his solo part, she noticed a figure shift behind him nearly causing her to miss her timing on the next chord. Making their way towards the cabanas to the back of the pool, she watched as the person tilted their face into the light with a devastating smirk. A smirk she would notice anywhere, one that belonged to her favorite teen idol: Dak Zevon.

He hadn't mentioned he was dropping by tonight.

Maybe he has some business with someone here. She thought, figuring one of the many budding movie directors in the building might have cast him in a lead role for their indie film. Why doesn't he come join us instead of standing in the dark like a creep?

The boys continued singing, but now all the girl wanted was for the song to end so she could go see what was up with her crush.

Rounding out the last part of the chorus, a loud scraping sound from across the pool interrupted the band before they could finish. It caught Roxy off time, causing her to hit the wrong note as the boys attempted to follow her tempo before ultimately stopping altogether as the noise continued to grow louder and louder.

Everyone turned to face the sound, Roxy's eyes flickering to Dak in the corner to make sure he was alright, only to watch one of the small, white tables move on its own down a long stretch of the pool deck and into the lobby. Once it was inside, the two doors slammed shut, scaring everyone half to death. That wasn't something they saw every day.

Gripping the neck of her guitar a bit tighter Roxy's palms grow clammy, waiting for everyone to finish screaming and scattering out of the pool area, presumably running back to the safety of their rooms. This left her, her band, and Dak - still out of sight.

As the boys began to debate back and forth about the cause of the mysterious moving table, Roxy quickly set her things down and practically skipped to the other side of the pool. Crushing the pop star in a hug, she melted into him as he ran one of his hands through her hair before planting a kiss on the top of her head. After the sweet bouquet of roses and the apology call, she had all but forgotten his transgression from the party a week ago. Even if he had hurt her, Roxy was just happy to see him again. Now, they'd be able to put that all in the past.