Get the Party Started (1.10)

After a particularly boring school morning, Big Time Rush and their assistant were more perky than usual as they strode into Rocque Records for the day's recording session. Since the boys had become the first official boy band signed under Gustavo Rocque in almost a decade, it had been much easier for Roxy to get the band to work on time the last few days.

The boys, duffel bags full of their workout clothing in hand, casually walked down the long stretch of hallway to Studio A as the songwriter had her nose buried in her journal in search of any inspiration for her songs. She had been keeping a pretty accurate chain of events since their arrival in L.A. written down and had hoped something she had chronicled would help spark a creative melody or a new lyric. Having a songbook that doubled as a diary certainly had its perks.

Her hope for creative revelation ended as she abruptly slammed into Logan's back in the middle of the hallway.

Previously leading the way, the band had now stopped and begun to sniff the air, looking all around to try and find the source of the smell. Roxy cocked her head in confusion as she observed them, unable to smell anything unusual herself.

They continued to sniff before coming to their final conclusion.

"I smell party!'

Like most 16-year-olds, Roxy loved to party, but her band had to be on a whole other party level to be able to simply sniff one out.

To her, a party sounded like a wonderful change of pace, especially after a long, hard month of work in Hollywood. Being able to let loose and dance with a bunch of strangers sounded wonderful and like a situation that could spark a lot of inspiration for a new song. Excitedly, she followed the guys as they ran down the hall, lazily ditching the bags they had brought with them.

A million possibilities swirled in her head, who it could be for, who would be in attendance, who might have the most interesting story to tell... parties were an endless source of new faces and experiences. And, if Gustavo and Kelly were throwing it, it must be for an incredibly special occasion.

Passing through the double doors into the dance hall of Studio A, the teens looked around to see a horde of black-clothed tables with beautiful white floral centerpieces being placed around the room. Covering the walls, as always, were all of their boss' gold records, but in addition, were a handful of Big Time Rush posters filling in the empty spaces. At the back of the room stood a large buffet table, brimming with charcuterie boards, veggie trays, and multiple-tiered cakes letting off a sweet, enticing smell.

Moving deeper into the room, they narrowly avoided a few people rushing around to set more items up. Roxy did her best to make a beeline for the cake, but the band she was using as cover stopped short of the table.

"What's going on?" Kendall wondered aloud, turning to face Gustavo and Kelly who appeared to be overseeing the setup.

Beside him, James and Carlos bounced up and down in excitement, "Please tell us it's a party!"

The talent scout smiled, setting her phone down. "This is the Big Time Rush party celebrating the making of your first album."

"Wicked..." Roxy gasped, noticing more BTR decorations going up around the room, and around her, the boys began to celebrate. A few slaps to her shoulder and one hug from Carlos later, their festivities were interrupted by their producer.

"No! You're not invited!" Gustavo yelled, cutting their celebrations short, as though it was an already obvious statement.

Her eyebrows raised as the band protested. "What? Why?"

After rolling his eyes in annoyance, Gustavo held up a finger, adding more as he rattled off a list of reasons the teens were not allowed to attend their party. "One, it's a classy party, for executives only. Two, I don't need dawgs around playing with their food! Three, I don't trust that Roxanne won't try and market her songs to other producers in attendance."