Broken

Tim and Cassie was walking around the city of love with her arms wrapped around his right arm. He kept his eyes away from her while he was keeping himself in control. He took glances at Cassie for a few moment before he looked down on the ground. That was until he felt a tug from Cassie as they went towards a few shops and stores. Tim looked at her before seeing a few bakeries and dress shops.

"So," Cassie started as Tim looked at her. "Are we going to talk about what you were having nightmares about?"

Tim just gave his version of the batglare. "No."

Cassie still held onto him. "Tim, you need to talk about this or else it will kill you inside."

"Look, I keep things as secrets for a reason ok?" He asked as he turned away. "Pretty sure you and Conner are happy enough as it is."

Cassie sighed as she shook her head, "How many times do we have to go through this?" she asked. "Conner and I tried, it didn't work because too much has changed. He is happy with Miss Martian now," she pointed out. "You are not happy which kills us on the inside."

"I don't have the luxury to be happy," Tim shot back almost aggressively. "I have a job to do and make sure that Bruce comes back home."

Cassie glared at him, "Like hell you do. You put that on yourself because you feel responsible for other people's death because of your past losses."

Tim looked away as a tv close by told of last night events of what happened and the girls testimony. He looked at the TV where it showed some firetrucks putting out the blaze and the body bags of the terrorists. He looked at Cassie again before he hung his head down low. "Cass... I..." he closed his eyes and took deep breaths.

Cassie sighed before she just placed a hand on his cheek. "Tim, this... whatever you're putting yourself through. It has to stop," she said softly. "Especially since you need time to heal your body."

"After one last thing I have to check out," Tim stated when he opened his eyes to which Cassie rolled hers. "If this last location has no proof that Bruce is alive..." he stopped as he felt a lump in his throat. He looked away as he looked at one of the churches.

"I will help you through it," Cassie stated as she grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. "Even if there might have to be therapy. I will stay with you and not leave your side this time."

Tim looked at her eyes and found no lies or any form of deceit in them. He just nodded as the two kept on walking, semi enjoying their time together as best that they can. He kept on looking over his shoulder from time to time just to stay safe. He put his head forward and looked at Cassie again before a small smile started to form on his lips.

***

Night time came and Red Robin was on top a building looking over Notre Dame though his binoculars as Cassie, in her Wondergirl attire, swung her legs off the edge. The female looked over the new suit that the former Robin was wearing. She had heard from Dick about what it looked like and only got a blurry photo from a FBI database that he hacked into before sending her to get Tim. She also knew that Jason Todd and The General held the mantle of Red Robin before Tim got it which made her question if he knew the history behind that mantle.

Tim lowered his binoculars before looking at Cassie. He then looked back at the church before he stood up. "Light security, we will be able to through one of the windows with barely anyone seeing us."

Cassie then floated up and stretched for a few moments. "So then this should be easy for us."

"We'll see," he replied in a monotone voice. He then pulled out a line launcher and the zip line shoot out to near a window. Tim jumped up and zip lined towards the church, leaving Cassie behind. He pulled the window up as he climbed into the higher landing.