What needs to be said

Tim and Cassie went back to the penthouse suit after what they found at Notre Dame. Tim wouldn't speak the entire time and when Cassie wasn't looking, he went down to the bunker and looked at the computer screen. He looked at the other images of the evidence he collected throughout the last few months he had investigated Bruce's alleged death. To only find out that Bruce Wayne was dead and that he had been on a goose chase ever since the beginning. He had heard the elevator doors open and the clicking of heels on the hard metal surface of the floor.

    "Tim," Cassie called out as she went to the chair he was sitting in.

    The male didn't dare to look at Cassie, especially not this moment. "Leave me alone," he said in a raspy tone from all the screaming he did back at the famous church.

    The demigoddess didn't comply, instead she just came up behind the broken male and reached around the chair. Putting her arms around him and gently hugging him, knowing how much he was in pain.

    Tim looked down as he closed his eyes underneath his cowl. Trying to keep the tears from coming back while he didn't even attempt to move from the embrace or try to escape. He kept on taking deep breaths and his releasing it slowly. He felt like he failed Bruce, now more than ever before. Therefore he now felt lost in a dark void with no way back out and to the light again.

    Cassie went around and knelt down in front of him. She put her hand on the right side of his face, having a worried look on her face as he stayed silent. She tilted her head to the side before putting both hands on each side of his face, and pulled back the cowl. The demigoddess looked at the male as her expression was empathetic and understanding while not saying another word.

    Tim's eyes were red from the crying, his hair was a mess from the cowl, and his expression was a mixture of sadness, anger, and defeat. He just looked back at the lit monitors and away from Cassie, at least that was until he was pulled back into her gaze. His dark blue eyes looked in to her light blue ones as they both interlocked their gaze unto eachother. He then felt some sort of pull towards her, it was a familiar one he felt multiple times but this time it felt stronger. He just went forward towards her and she just wrapped her arms around his neck, running her fingers along with the hairs on the back of his head.

    Cassie kept holding onto Tim, even to the point where he just went to his knees in front of her. She just hummed softly as his body trembled, keeping more anger in than probably what Jason felt on a normal basis. She closed her eyes as she comforted the male, it wasn't long until he was asleep in her arms. She just picked him up and carried him upstairs so that he can be put to bed and sleep.

***

    The morning came and Tim slowly opened his eyes, he moved his arm up over his eyes to block out the sun. He looked around to see that they were in the master bedroom, he groaned for a brief moment until he felt someone ontop of him. He looked down to see Cassie was asleep, with her head on his chest and her arms wrapped around him. Tim blinked in confusion before he kept on laying in his bed, slowly having an arm around Cassie. He was thinking back to the time where things seemed simpler times of the Young Justice and when the two of them started to become members of the Teen Titians.

    Tim remembered all of those days, the days were they fought criminals and locked them up. Those days that they sometimes fought bigger villains and saved the world from destruction, those days where no one died because of being related to a hero or in the line of duty. He raised his left hand and rubbed his face as he felt more tears coming to his eyes, before turning his gaze to the sleeping beauty on his chest. He broke off their relationship when Conner came back to life, thinking that she would be happier with the Boy of Steel rather than a Son of Batman. When it came to beating up criminals, solving cases, or even when he did team ups; he was the master except when it came to girls.