The Start of Healing

Tim opened his eyes on the private plane as he just looked out the window to the clouds. He took a deep breath as he looked down at his hands for a brief moment. He looked to the right, at the seat across from him who had Cassie who was smiling in her sleep. He gave her a small smile before just relaxing into the chair as they were on their way back to Gotham.

    They started to get turbulence as Tim just shrugged while Cassie stayed asleep. He had dealt with turbulence on multiple occasions before, so it didn't bother him. His head turned back to the window as he saw the plane go beneath the clouds before Gotham showed itself. He took a deep breath as he wasn't sure if this was a good idea, especially with how he left Dick and Damian. "Cassie," he called out to which he got a hum in response.

    Tim sighed before he went a bit louder, "Cassie, we are in Gotham," he said as he leaned over to her. He watched as she just started to open her eyes. He nodded at her with a small smile before looking forward.

    "That took longer than I expected," she stated before she stretched her arms above her head.

    Tim sighed before he shook his head, "Well not all of us can fly without a plane," he sarcastically stated with a smirk.

    She smiled at him as the plane landed while Tim stayed in his seat. "Are you ready to reunite with your family?"

    "Dick, yes. The Demon brat wonder, no," Tim answered to which Cassie just pouted a little bit and leaned in towards him.

    "Damian can't be that bad," she remarked.

    Tim then turned and looked at Cassie like she was insane. "Have you met Damian yet?" He asked.

    "I heard rumors from Rose, Kara, Conner, and a few others," she responded before she unbunckled and got up. "Especially about how arrogant he is."

    "That is not even the start of what Damian is capable of."

    Cassie raised her eyebrow at Tim's remark as she watched as the male got up. "What is he capable of then?"

    "If your not careful, he can almost kill you," he pointed out as he then walked out to the front of the vehicle and got out of the plane. With Cassie following him as the two continued to talk before getting in the car that was sent to them to pick them up.

***

    After a few hours, Tim and Cassie came up to Wayne Tower, the highest building in Gotham outside of Gotham Tower. Tim opened the door to the car they rode in and held out his hand for Cassie, to which she grabbed and got out of the car. He got his bags since Cassie didn't go to France with anything. They walked in to which Tim saw Lucius Fox and gave him a small smile, "Hey Mr. Fox," he greeted.

    "Tim, it's good to see you," he said as he went to hug Tim. "Also welcome back to Gotham."

    "Thank you," he said as he gave a small smile while the three of them walked through the doors into the main lobby of the building. "Is Dick at the top floor?" He asked.

    "Yes, Mr. Grayson is there while living with Damian and Alfred," he informed. "Also having me to deal with the board, how are you doing?"

    Tim entered the elevator with Cassie as he just looked away from Lucius. "I'm surviving," he said as he pressed the button and the elevator doors slowly closed.

    Cassie turned her head slowly at Tim to look at his face. "Do I need to hug you before we do this?" She asked knowing how Tim was feeling currently.

    "No," Tim said as he just looked at the ground. "But thank you."

    Cassie just grabbed his hand while smirking at him as then gently stroke his hand with her thumb. Then the doors opened to reveal a penthouse like area as the two stepped out. She looked around before she looked at Tim who didn't look esthetic to be here.