V3 Chapter 11 - The Corruption & A Fine Dine

Nogla woke up early in the morning, meeting up with Shinri to begin their tour of this city. As Nogla noticed before, this place as an ancient Japanese looking culture. The buildings all around gave off perfect architecture that would make some of the older Japanese architects back on Earth jealous. Though he did notice some of the Xenokuni Guard situated around most of the districts, being heavily armed for worst case scenarios.

Shinri: "It's a good thing you got up relatively early this morning."

Nogla: "How so?"

Shinri: "I get to show you around this city, get you up to speed and assign you your role."

Nogla: "Assign my role? Why?"

Shinri: "Everyone here in Xenokuni has a role to play. You see, the Corruption is rather dangerous to us, and with the Blood Moon coming up, things are going to get more worse."

Nogla: "I get the idea but, where do I fit in with this equation?"

Shinri: "I can tell your still a D Rank, but it won't matter since I can tell you are strong in your own regards. So what I have in mind is that you are going to assist a friend of mine on the hunts. He is technically an Exorcist, but he exorcises the Corruption, being able to keep it at bay. But since he hasn't returned yet, things are going to be a bit unstable."

Nogla: "I see... Well I don't mind helping out since if I do nothing the whole time, I might get into the habit of just training because of boredom."

Shinri: "I see where you're coming from. First off, we're heading to the General Hospital. I need you to understand what the Corruption does to the individual."

Nogla just nods to this, unsure on how to answer him when regarding sick patients, but he went along with it. After a few minute walk past the Market District, they arrived to where the General Hospital would be. It looked the same as any other building within the city, however it is fairly wider in structure and had Kanji written on it. Nogla obviously couldn't read it but he just followed Shinri inside.

The inside was rather spacious, but it gave off a vibe that this place could've been a Dojo once, unless it was made to be one but was instantly turned into a General Hospital. Nogla could see patients coughing and taken care of by some of the specialists that specializes in medical fields, while he can also notice some people being tended to by Exorcists and medical specialists altogether. 

Shinri: "As you can see, the Corruption can spread like a plague. We're not fully sure of its origins as it has been apart of this place ever since our forefathers created this city. Depending on where it enters, it can be either quite lethal, or docile until the right circumstances."

Nogla: "If it spreads like a plague, wouldn't it be airborne?"

Shinri: "Not necessarily."

Shinri stopped as he was next to a patient who was out cold and bandages covering most of the head, showing no proper facial features at all. Shinri knelt down onto one knee, checking the pulse to see if he was still alive, luckily this was the case. 

Shinri: "You see, how it spreads is through open wounds caused by the Corrupted."

Nogla: "Corrupted?"

Shinri: "People that transform into mindless abominations. It can also affect other living creatures as well, though it seems to be the most potent towards humanoid beings. If it enters through the arms or legs, it is a slow process that builds its way up until it can reach a vital organ, increasing the speed of the process. If it enters through a vital organ, it can spread at a rapid pace, causing a person to cough violently and eventually reach the brain. But if it enters through a wound the closest to the brain, it can cause one to die in a matter of hours. So we do our best to slow the Corruption, make sure it doesn't kill the best we got. All these people that are being treated were ones who were recently in the forest, trying to take down some of the Corrupted."