Chapter 1: Rebirth

When I woke up, the first thing I saw was my brother desperately waking up me up.

Something isn't right with him. I had expected for a less violent welcome, but the way he tried to wake me up, with his face twisted into one that is filled with desperation and fear, I knew that I shouldn't just sit there idly and ask what's going on.

With no time to even talk, he grab me by the hand and starts running, as fast as we can. "We need to get out of this world," he said.

I just couldn't understand what's happening. All I know is that the world around is burning, hurting.

The land is covered in sea of flames, tall giant buildings crumbling all around us, and even the sky turns red as if the world itself is bleeding from all the chaos that happens.

Throughout the entire time, Aether never let go of my hand. He didn't say anything, nor does he bother answering any of my questions. Something big clearly had happened when I was still asleep, something that Aether probably had witnessed before waking me up. I don't know what it was, nor can I imagine what terrible things that brother have seen, but I know that it's anything but pleasant.

As I look into his face while we were running, all I could see is a sense of deep contemplations inside his eyes. All kinds of emotions are boiling and mixing inside his head.

Enmity, anger, confusion, sadness, and so much more.

"What kind of things have you seen while I was away?"

"Just what was going on before you woke me up?"

"What did you do?"

All of those are the questions that I would like to ask him. But given to what is happening around us, and the state that Aether was in at that time. I couldn't afford to voice all of these thoughts. Instead, I simply continue to ran, I followed Aether as we get as much farther away as possible from all of these chaos that rampages throughout the land, and by the time we finally avoided them all, it happen.

We were just moments away from leaving this world behind, by the urges from Aether who demands us to leave Tevyat as soon as possible, we were ready to traverse the universe once more, to search for a new world where we could live in, one that is far better than this world.

But then, someone suddenly appears, an unknown god, who calls herself the Sustainer of The Heavenly Principles.

The god blocked us from our way to leave this world, and engage us to a battle that only lasted for merely a few minutes. Without so much as breaking a sweat, the god effortlessly defeated us, us, who's powers are just as powerful as the gods here, or so we thought.

That unknown god with flowing white hair took away my brother, by imprisoning him inside these weird black cube things, before turning him into one myself.

I tried my hardest to fight back, but I ended up suffering the same fate as he did. The god captured me, and put some kind of seal that prevents me from using any of my original powers. And because of that, I was stranded here, alone, without my power or my brother to help me. I don't even know how long has it been since then. I had once again fallen into a deep slumber, that may have taken more than a few centuries before I woke up. I even suffered from a brief amnesia moments after I woke up. But then I started to remember some things, I remember that day when Aether woke me up, I remember his desperate face as he took me to ran away from all the chaos and leave this world behind, I remember when he was taken away from me, I remember when that God captured me and putting me to sleep.