Chapter 6: The Red Bunny

After that bizarre encounter with a dragon and a god in human disguise. Lumine and her flying companion continues on with their way out of the woods on the roads that leads to Mondstadt city, their first stop at this very long journey ahead of them.

Along the way, Paimon had been telling her some knowledge she knows about the nation of wind. It was just some basic knowledges about the land and not about the nation itself, such as the how the winds here can be either a lot tamer or harsher than in other lands sometimes, or that there is one certain region that's not like the other where it snows.

Eventually, as they were chatting, they reached the end of the forest, revealing an open view of the vast green plains of Mondstadt that they saw back on top of the mountain.

Lumine and Paimon look at one another, and smiled. The fairy gestured for her to enter, which she happily like to.

"Someone's coming." But was stopped by the voice in her head.

"Hey you! Stop right there!" A voice of an unknown individual ring through the air, and the two traveling companions stopped in their track to look up and sees a girl in red flying down in the air, landing on the ground right before the two, almost tripped and fall, before quickly turn around and give them a salute. "May the Anemo God protect you, stranger!"

Lumine and Paimon look at one another once more, before turning their eyes to look at the newcomer. The girl before them has long dark brown hair and a pair of orange-gold eyes. She wears a jumper-like outfit perfect for running around outside, red stockings, and white thigh-high boots embellished with gold linings and symbols. A gold-framed goggles is placed around her neck, and on the top of her head, there's headband that made to look like bunny ears.

She looks like an important person, perhaps she knew the way into the city?

"I am Amber, Outrider of the Knights of Favonious." The brunette introduce herself, her eyes glance to inspect both Lumine and Paimon closely.

"Knights of... Favonious?" Traveler Lumine internally pondered.

"The ruling body of Mondstadt. Protectors of the nation of wind, founded roughly about a thousand year ago." Abyss Lumine answered her questions. "Expect that you'll be acquainted with their highest ranking personnel soon."

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." Traveler Lumine mentally nod.

"You don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourself!" The brown haired girl who introduced herself as Amber, demanded. She puts her hands on her sides an narrowed her eyes as she looks at them a little suspiciously, waiting for their answers.

"We're not looking for trouble." Paimon waves her hands while shaking her head.

"That's what all the troublemakers say." Amber retorted, causing the little fairy a gulp and nervously glance at her companion.

She suppose a proper and nice introduction are in line.

"Hello. I'm Lumine." Lumine introduce herself, waving a single hand.

"Lu...mine? Doesn't sound like a local name to me." Amber repeated, her eyes then looks at Paimon once more, taking on her strange appearance. "And this... mascot, what's the deal with it?"

"We're friends."

"Emergency food."

"What did you say?!" Lumine asked... Which she unintentionally released to the outside world, gaining a look from both girls before her. "Ahem, excuse me, carry on." She clears her throat after an awkward pause.

"Well... We're only been traveling partners for two months, but We've already become the very best of friends!" Paimon explained while wearing a happy smile.