205 | Revelations

MAX AND HIS FRIENDS finally arrived back in London, everyone feeling completely drained after their unexpected trip to Tokyo. Though they originally went there to eat ramen, a bunch of them decided to grab a couple of drinks, leaving them a little hangover.

     "What time is it?" Kingston asks with dark bags under his eyes and a neck pillow around his neck that he bought on the plane earlier.

     Gengxin, who also looked drained, finished the water in his bottle first before looking at his phone. "It's 5:30 AM, Tuesday. We've been gone for two days."

     "And the funny thing is, we've spent most of our time in the airplane than we did in the destination we went to," Nox says before laughing at the realization he made himself.

     "I don't think I have the energy to go to school," Magnus then says before giving out a loud yawn. "I'm beat. I don't have enough life in me to do anything productive."

     "Well, I'm gonna rest for a couple of hours before heading to class. I can't miss another day," Gengxin then counters, making Magnus roll his eyes back, finding it unbelievable that Gengxin still has the strength to do such a thing despite their long trip.

     "How about you guys?" Nicolás then asks Max and the others.

     "Honestly, I'm going to school if you're all going," Ari honestly said, making it sound like a sweet gesture of friendship, but in fact, he just didn't want to miss classes alone. If his friends are going to school, he'll definitely drag himself there whether he likes it or not.

     "You guys can decide on your own, but I'm not going to school," Felix then explained.

     Max and the others thought that Felix was just tired, but then Keigo realized something and said, "Oh yeah, the Annual Brotherhood Reranking is next week. All the brotherhoods aren't in school since they're all training."

     "That's right, I totally forgot about that," Nox, a student of the House of Rooks, said before scratching his eyes, that was starting to get heavy. "The battles are about to begin."

     "I heard about that from one of the orientations," Kingston said, surprisingly showing interest in it. "It's when the students in black uniform battle each other to get a higher rank, right? Something similar to Mr. Brains & Brawn."

     "Something like that. The difference is that it's a five-day event, and they use actual weapons. A lot of the brotherhoods get badly injured during this battle, so you really have to be physically and mentally prepared," Ervin then explained.

     "I heard some news outlets are trying to cover it," Magnus then says.

     "They've been trying to for years, but the Battles is very secretive. No one outside the Houses really knows what happens during the five-day event," Nox answered, making Kingston laugh because he remembered something about that statement.

     "Oh yeah, that's why your motto is whatever happens in the castle, stays in the castle. I remembered how dramatically Gengxin said it during the closing ceremony."

     "Wait, Gengxin closed off with that line? That's hilarious," Magnus then comments, making Gengxin cross his arms before looking at Magnus with annoyance.

     "You didn't know? Weren't you at the ceremony?" Nox asks.

     "I bet he fell asleep again during the ceremony, so he didn't know. He really is a lazy bum," Gengxin angrily says, and Magnus just laughs before scratching the back of his head.