Chapter 5: The End?

Keola and Lilo talked about everything and nothing, about funny stories and deeper ones.

They talked the night away as the world was vast asleep and only copper light shone in the small apartment and a small amber speck lit up in the street below.

The summer night's breeze played with the dirty ends of the cloth wrapped around the old man's eyes.

His ragged fingers took the cigarette from his pale lips as he carefully pricked his ears.

Laughter filled the early morning air and a smile crossed his lips.

"She's finally found," he said.

He adjusted his hat.

Dark shadows dispersed. Puffs of golden dust lingered in the soft morning sun.

He put out his cigarette and vanished into the light.

☆*:😱:*☆

Like I said: sleep paralysis is a horrible thing, but it's the monsters lurking in the shadows, the creatures crawling from under your bed and the demons coming out of your closet that are the worst.

But no matter how terrifying they are, they're nothing compared to the Night Mare.

She frightens many people, but just like the monsters lurking in the shadows, the creatures crawling under your bed and the demons hiding in your closet - just like me and you - she's lost, longing for a place to belong.

So greet her kindly when she visits you tonight and welcome her in your home.

THE END

***

Total amount of words: 2 215