Chapter 6

The Central Command was moved to the Planet Spix soon. A new, permanent palace was built that would be the Head Command of the Galra Empire and planet Spix would be the home planet of the Galra as of now. Keith felt proud of his accomplishment. From there, he would be able to have better control over the Empire.

Keith sat on his throne as he reviewed different plans for peace and prosperity. There was also the task of uniting them and keeping them united. After dealing with his plans for the next step, Keith's eyes scanned the huge throne room for his General and sure enough, she was giving orders to the lower rank soldiers to see to things that needed attention on the lower level.

After she was done and the Central Command had fully been established, she came to Keith's side once again.

"Acxa, run a check on the castle's defense system."

She took a few minutes to check everything on her system.

"The castle defenses are up and running," she said.

"Run tests. Make sure all of the canons are working," Keith said.

Acxa left the throne room with a short bow and soon Keith heard the blasts going from testing the castle's defenses.

"Your Majesty, all the canons have been tested and checked, everything is going according to plan," she said.

"Very well, that would be all for today," Keith said.

The Emperor left the throne room with his general on his heal. He looked around the castle and he was impressed with himself. It didn't look anything like the dark and gloomy Central Command Ship. Rather, it was a proper castle, well lit up with natural light coming through huge windows and was also spacious.

As he was checking on the castle himself, one of his commanders came to him.

"Sire," the commander said and bowed.

"What is it, Commander?"

A screen appeared on his arm and he pointed towards a star system.

"A battle has broken out between the Galra Commanders of this base. They want to conquer the base for themselves."

Keith had seen this coming. He knew that even though he had assigned everybody their posts and told them all to stay united, still, he knew this was meant to happen sooner or later. The Empire had been working under Zarkon for so long and they had fought among themselves too. 

But Zarkon was powerful enough and they all feared him.

Keith dismissed the Commander and turned to Acxa. He looked tired and worn out but she could see that he was trying his best not to falter and disappoint everybody and their expectations from him.

"Acxa, prepare my troops, it is time I finally do this."

"I will go with you, Sire," she said.

"No, you will stay here and run the Central Command in my absence," he said.

"But, Sire, I am your general and I must go with you everywhere to protect you."

"Are you possibly suggesting that I am incapable of protecting myself?"

"No, Sire, that is not what I meant."

"Then do as you're told."

She gave him a quick bow.

"I apologize, Your Majesty," she said. "I will go prepare your troops."

Keith had never raised his voice with her. She knew all of this was hard for him and she would catch him confused and looking blank faced at times, but he was always patient with her. Even when he was frustrated to the core and his anger and frustration was written clearly on his face, he was still polite with her.