Isn't

With how crazy your mind was going. You decided to write everything down, thinking it would make things clearer for you. Everything that happened in the past weeks, every significant memory you had of your childhood, of Wally. You wrote each of them on post-it notes and stuck them on your wall. And you used the yellow thread to try and connect them with each-other. You didn't get to do that much though...
They were all like puzzle pieces, but from different puzzles, almost none of them matched, in neither color nor shape.

You tried to experiment at some point. You turned on your computer and placed the Wally puppet beside it.
"...Do something." you glared at him. "It *was* you that crashed my computer, wasn't it? Do it again."
Nothing happened. You tried the same with your tv. Still nothing. You didn't know if it was a failure, or if he was being stubborn.
Maybe... If you put some blood on him, that would surely get a reaction out of him. But you categorically refused, feeling in your guts that something very bad would happen if you did.

You inspected your other toys, looking for clues. But there was nothing out of the ordinary about them. Not at first glance at least. Were they just normal toys? Was the puppet the only weird one?
Were you the only one this was happening to?
You decided to ask people online, anonymously, on a bunch of forums, if anyone else had a Wally puppet with cross cufflinks. You quickly got a bunch of responses, saying it was just like the Welcome Home concept art, but people were excited more than anything. Some even asked if you could post pictures of him.
The Welcome Home Restoration Project even sent you a private message, asking questions about that puppet and if you would allow them to have access to it, so they could post about it on their website. You left them on read.
It would seem that you were the only person in the world to own that puppet. Or any Welcome Home puppet in general.
Was that why? That couldn't just be it. You didn't get that puppet on the first day you became a fan.
But then what, what was so special about you? Maybe it was the blood thing?

You sighed, running a hand through your hair. Then, you had an idea. You grabbed your actual phone and called someone.
"...Mom?"
Your mom might have some answers. She had a better memory than you, that was for sure. Of course, one of the first things she did was guilt-tripping you about not keeping in touch with her. It was all white noise to you at this point.
"Sorry, sorry. Say, I'm on vacation right now. I was thinking of paying you a visit."
She asked when.
"Actually, the sooner the better."

"I'm so happy you remembered my existence honey." your mom cheerfully said as she poured yourselves some tea.
You just chuckled, enduring it for the sake of getting to the bottom of this once and for all.
"It's good to see you again, these past days have been crazy for me."
"Oh I'm sure they were." she said with a voice full of sarcasm.
You squinted your eyes for a quick second, and kept smiling.
"How have you been?"
"Bored and alone."
"Alone? What about your neighbor friends-"
"Oh don't talk to me about them!" she raised a hand. "Don't even say their names."
"Okay...?"

Despite asking no questions, and despite what she just said, she went on a rant about the small things those poor people did that annoyed her to an unreasonable degree.
'She really hasn't changed.' you thought.
You just nodded along, pretending to care, something you'd do only with her. You waited for an opportunity to change the subject.
"Man, the kids at the school I work at are going crazy for that one show. It's not even of their generation, I think it's something I used to watch as a kid." you pretended to think. "Welcome Home I think it was...?"
She just looked at you with a blank stare. Which was unusual for her.
"I was a fan of it, wasn't I?"
"Ha! That is the understatement of the century." she waved a hand, rolling her eyes. "You were a little freak about these puppets. You were obsessed with it, and frankly, it was disturbing."
"Oh come on, I wasn't *that*-"
"Oh you were. You'd scream and cry if I changed the channel, you'd beat up anyone who spoke ill of it. Got numerous calls from your teachers because of that. And one day, you even asked me to get you a puppet before it was even released. It was the only way to shut you up, so you were lucky I got one."