Fake ending #1: Saved

[If this was a visual novel, you would unlock this ending by not being an asshole to Sallie x)]

This happened after you got your heart broken. You were running home, crying, bare feet.
You knew you were going home, you knew the way home. But in that moment, you just felt lost. You didn't recognize the streets around you, they were all blurry. The world itself was blurry. It wasn't yours. It didn't feel like yours. It didn't feel real. None of anything felt real.

One thought came to your mind. One single clear thought:
Wally would've never made you feel that way.
And that thought stayed with you the whole way home. Like a lighthouse, guiding you through the dark.

Through the tears, through the sobs, you opened the box of toys and dumped its content onto your bed. Rummaging through it, you found Wally. You cried even more and laid down, holding him tightly, and never letting him go.

You didn't know how long you were crying for. You just kept going, and you would keep going until you'd pass out from exhaustion.
Then, you heard a knock. You ignored it. But then you heard it again.
"(Y/n)?"
You opened your eyes. What was Sallie doing here? Why was she here and not at the party? Was she here to laugh at you? To twist the knife deeper into your bleeding heart?
"(Y/n), are you there?"
Without realizing, you went downstairs and you stood in front of the door. You didn't open it. What if this was another trick after all? But you wanted to hear what she had to say.

"Mark told me what happened."
You clenched the Wally puppet in your hands. Hearing that name made you mad.
"He was so angry, he said he wanted to tell the school board about it." there was a pause. "I managed to convince him not to."
Your eyes widened. You opened the door without thinking. She flinched and stepped back.
"Why?" you asked with a clear voice.

She took a moment to notice how devastated you looked. Your face red, stained with tears and snot. Her eyebrows furrowed.
"I'm sorry I helped getting your hopes up. I didn't know I swear. I really thought..." her voice trailed off and she sighed.
You figured she wasn't going to answer your question. When has anyone ever did? You began closing the door but she held it open.
"Please, don't go yet!"
"Just leave me alone!"
"I-I can't!" she shook her head. "Not in good conscious!"

You stepped back as she stood in the doorway.
"What do you want from me?!"
"We... We don't have to go to the party. But we could still hang out, it could make you feel better...?"
You gave her a look of astonishment, which quickly turned into anger.
"You're just saying that because now you feel guilty! Why would I ever want to hang out with you?! All of this is your fault! I told you I wasn't that kind of person, but you pushed me!" you pointed at her. "I did things I normally wouldn't because you made me believe I could do it. You made me believe I could be better! But the fact of the matter is this: I can't change, because I have nothing! I never have!" you held up the puppet. "This is all I have, all I've had and all I will ever have. And it means nothing to anyone but me! I'm just not, like you..." you let your arm fall to your side, your shoulders dropped, you pursued your lips trying not to cry in front of her. "I just wanna be left alone. I just wanna focus only on what makes me happy, and be left alone with it. So if you really are sorry, just leave. Please."

Sallie opened her mouth, but closed it right after. She clenched her hands into fists.
She had a feeling, something deep in her guts was telling her.
If she left now, that would be the last time you would see each-other.

"Look, you're hurt. And I can tell that you've been hurt before. And you're afraid to get hurt again. That's totally understandable." she paused, looking for the right words. "But... Isolating yourself, being alone... That's not gonna help."
You frowned.
"Sometimes, you just have to trust people."
"Why would I ever do that?! You are insane!" you let out an ironic laugh. "I'm not falling for that again!"
"You're right, what if this is all just a trick? Well first of all, if it is, after I've talked such a big deal, then I am a real piece of shit." she placed a hand on her heart. "And you should never talk to me ever again."
Her words caught you off guard.
"But you're never going to find out if you stay here..." her words got softer. "And even if that doesn't work out, you just...try again, with different people. And over time, you'll learn how to distinguish who's trustworthy and who isn't. But you have to try and try again. It's called having hope..." she paused, her eyebrows furrowed. "And no one should give up on that."