Fake ending #2: Fluff Ville

[In a story where no one is evil and MC just gets isekai'd every night, for reasons that we do not care for and therefor will not explain.
Every neighbors are here and alive and everything is A okay! Welcome to Fluff Ville!
(Aka: back to basics for the silly fluff writer 👏)]

Ever since (Y/n) found out that these weren't dreams, that she was simply going to another world once she's fallen asleep, she's been avoiding Wally.
And he was confused. He knew she would be overjoyed at the news, he's heard that very thought in her head every time he would look into her eyes. Every day, she would wish a little more for Home to be real.
Now, not only was she avoiding him, but whenever circumstances forced them to interact with each-other, she would act strangely. Like nothing was wrong and yet, her words never held any warmth. They were either lukewarm or cold.

He didn't understand it. Not only that, but she would avoid looking at him, acting like she was busy with other things. And he didn't like that one bit. It would seem she's caught on to his ability to hear her thoughts through eye contact.
He didn't understand what her problem was, but he must understand it in order to fix it. In order for things to go back to normal and then the two of them could spend quality time together like they always did!
He started to ask his other neighbors what was troubling her. But their answer was always the same:
"Troubled? What do you mean? (Y/n) is as jolly as ever!"
"Not when she's with me..." he would mumble.

A true explanation would finally be given to him when he spoke to Frank about this.
"She's angry at you."
"Angry?" he pointed at himself with big eyes. "At me?"
That couldn't be. He's Wally Darling. Everybody loves him.
"If she acts passive-aggressively towards you and only you, those are the signs that she's angry at you."
'Passive-aggressive'. He's never heard that word before. He already didn't like it. It had too many letters...

"But why?"
"Oh, I don't know." he rolled his eyes. "Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you lied to her about us being mere dreams, and she had to find the truth by herself."
"But I didn't lie." he bluntly said. "I just didn't tell her the truth."
"You almost went crazy that one time trying to transport yourself into her world which probably traumatized her."
Yeah... That didn't go so well. It was fine with her because it was a gradual process, but he tried to force his way into her world in one go. Quite a scary sight that was. He didn't like to think about it.

"But that was such a long time ago."
"Aaaand sometimes, you can be quite insensitive." he folded his arms. "Need I say more? Because I have more."
"No..." Wally said in a little voice, although he still didn't get what the big deal was. "If I did something wrong, then I must apologize right away. But she doesn't want to talk to me." he sighed sadly. "I offer her to paint with me, and do other fun games, but every time I do, she says she's too busy."
"(Y/n) doesn't want to play games Wally." Frank frowned, offended on her behalf. "She wants to talk, have an honest conversation and a sincere apology." he huffed, then spoke more calmly once he looked at his ringed finger. "Communication is key in any relationship."
Wally thought about that for a moment.
"What do you do when Eddie is angry at you?"
"Ha! Like that ever happens!" he laughed, but then stopped, seeing that Wally was still waiting for an answer, he glanced to the side. "But when it does, I give him space, I wait for him to be ready, then I go to him and we talk. And then we make up."
"But how?"
"That's mine and Eddie's way. Find yours and (Y/n)'s."

Wally sighed. This left him with more questions than answers.
He's thought over this for a long time. Now that he thought about it, it's true that the way his neighbors acted would change based on who they were with.
Frank was always nicer whenever Eddie was around. Julie was more quiet when she was with Polly. And Polly would be more outspoken when she worked with Sally. Barnaby would act less silly when he talked to Howdy. And Howdy was more stern when talking to Wally.
But how did Wally change when he was with others? When he was with (Y/n)? He didn't know. He didn't even know if he changed in any way. He thought that, if anyone would notice a difference, it would be Barnaby. So he asked him.
"Do I act a certain way when I'm with (Y/n)?"
"Why do you wanna know?" he raised an eyebrow with a sly grin.
"I want to find what mine and (Y/n)'s way is. That way I can apologize and we'll make up." he said, oblivious to what his friend was implying.