9

Despite her earlier impatience to check her phone, Winnie spent the evening with her mother. She tried not to think about the looming dread that her mother's conditon imposed. She cheered Winnie up. Winnie told her about her boss' comment. Her mother had laughed, and said, "Oh I wouldn't worry about it, Winnie. Why don't you wear your bikini on Monday. That'll render him entirely speechless! My beautiful daughter." The light in her eyes and the warmth of her smile had Winnie giggling.

Later, in a good mood, Winnie sank in to her matress and opened T's text.

T:
So you're saying if I was in adult films, you'd be interested?

Winnie:
Hmmm no :p

T:
You thought about that for a suspiciously long time, S ;)

Winnie:
Unfortunately you're wrong ;)
Busy day.

T:
Bad day?

Winnie:
Bad afternoon.
I'm not very fond of my boss.
But let's not talk about him.

She wanted to shift the subject, and had an urge to correct her lie–that her name didn't actually begin with S. Though a small white lie, it had been knawing more and more at her as she got to know T. Lying was not a usual part of her charcter.

Winnie:
My name doesn't begin with S.
It's Winnie.

T:
Okay, Swinnie :p

Winnie:
You're not mad?

T:
No, I would have done the same.

Winnie:
If yours really starts with T, then why didn't you?

T:
My name is no secret.

Winnie:
Okay Mr. actor, who's keeping his name a secret from me :p

He can't be that big, Winnie thought to herself. She recalled their earlier conversation on adult films.

T:
You know me :p

Winnie:
I don't know any actors, let alone porn actors.

T:
Winnie.

Winnie:
T .
When am I going to learn your real name?

T:
Guess :p

Winnie:
I told you mine :(

T:
What if mine was simply T?

Winnie:
That would be awfully anticlimactic.

T:
:)

Winnie:
Not fair :((

She called it a night and placed her phone on her bedside table.

Winnie wasn't annoyed with T. She had faith that she would learn his name when the time came. Knowing his name wouldn't change anything between them.

Smiling, she closed her eyes.