Welcome to Webster High

I was his, and he was mine. Together we ruled Webster high school, home of the Bulldogs. We were like the high school version of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Everyone loved us, and everyone wanted to be us. Glancing over at my boyfriend, captain of the basketball team, Landon Craig. I soaked in his movie star good looks: perfectly styled auburn hair that fell in his eyes just so that it gave him that sexy, sultry look. His hazel eyes that had the ability to penetrate straight through to your soul. Girls literally swooned when he walked by. 

We were the ‘It Couple’ of our high school. The one that everyone knew were together. I mean, it was obvious: we belonged together. Landon was my everything, and I was his. Well, next to basketball, of course. 

“What are you staring at?” Landon asked, seeming to feel my eyes on him.

“Nothing. Just taking in all of….you,” I smiled, and leaned over to kiss his cheek. 

Returning the smile, he drove on in silence towards school. It was finally Friday, and Landon was throwing one of his mega-parties tonight at his house. His parents were always leaving on business trips, which made his house the perfect place for the high school students to congregate on the weekends. And I would be there, of course, draped on his arm like always, as a sort of trophy girlfriend. I mean, it was just expected. 

“So, before the party tonight,” Landon began, pulling into his reserved parking spot at school, “you wanna come over early?” A smile in his eyes told me that he was wanting to do more than just hang out and watch movies. 

“Um, sure, I guess I can,” I answered with a flash of a smile. I wasn’t sure about having sex, but he didn’t need to know that. 

“Mmm, good,” he breathed, leaning across the inside of his H3. His lips brushed lightly against my neck, feathering kisses along the way. My stomach twisted in knots. “Wear something sexy,” he said, his breath still on my neck, “So I can admire those tight curves,” his lips and teeth were on my earlobe, nipping and softly tugging. 

“I will,” I breathed, my voice heavy and husky, getting caught up in the moment. We had been together for several months now, since the middle of summer. I knew that Landon was desperate to be my ‘first.’ And I wanted him to be mine, also, but it was still a huge decision to make. At least we would be each others’ firsts if I followed through with his wishes. And we vowed to be together forever, so why shouldn’t I? Waiting until marriage was so overrated, especially in this day and age. I mean, this wasn’t the eighteen hundreds anymore, it was twenty-thirteen. 

The sound of the school bell ringing tore us from our entanglement. If we had continued much longer, I was pretty sure I would’ve given it up to him right then and there in the passenger seat. 

“We better go, babe. Don’t want to be late,” Landon said, straightening back up in the driver’s seat and smoothing his t-shirt down. Grabbing his backpack from the back seat, we climbed out of his vehicle simultaneously. Smoothing down my gray cardigan, I hefted my purse onto my shoulder and met Landon at the front of the H3. Draping my arm through his, we walked together inside the school. Webster High’s Most Sought After Couple had finally arrived, fashionably late. 

“See you at lunch,” I called as we parted ways at the end of the hall. Landon tossed a smile and a wave my way before he disappeared around the corner.

“Miss Matthews, how nice of you to join us,” Mr. Henderson, my history teacher announced as I walked inside the classroom ten minutes late. 

“Sorry…..car trouble,” I offered, flashing my teacher an award winning smile.