Chapter 2

(Note: Look up Sirvilla on Youtube, their Rowan Laslow playist is so good. 😍 I listen to it alllll the time. They have a Xavier and Ajax playlist as well)

The next day I did not wake up quite as nervous,  I actually felt more excited. As Bianca and I walked down to class, she seemed very quiet. Finally she said, "So, are you going to sit with me and my friends this time? Or with that oddball Rowan?" She looked straight ahead as she spoke.

  "Uhhh, well, I kind of wanted to see if I could sit with Rowan again. Didn't he seem lonely to you?"

  Bianca rolled her eyes, "Nah, hes fine (y/n). Really, he does not need anyone. He's been fine on his own, girl. Besides, hes used to it."

  I didnt know how to respond, so I just gave a shrug.

  We walk into class and I immediately look where Rowan sat last time. I didnt see him. I didnt want to look akward just standing around, so I went to the spot and sat down. I looked back at Bianca and her friends. She had a weird look on her face, then she motioned me over. 

  Suddenly I feel a light tap on my shoulder, and I jump and go invisible. It was Rowan. "I-i didnt mean to startle you, im sorry." He sits next to me in a tentative manner, as if unsure I wanted him to sit there.

  I become visible again, hoping he does not notice my bright pink cheeks. "No it is fine. That happens more than you think." 

  He smiled, then we turn to listen to the teacher. I was having difficulties with what we where learning, and I was able to have some of my questions answered from Rowan. His memory and knowledge was impressive. 

  The teacher then says something about a project that requires people to get into groups of two to four to work on it. I suddenly get nervous and franticly look around. Who would I partner with? I make myself invisible. Rowan glances in my direction.

  When class was dismissed soon after, I see everyone partnering up. Rowan was still sitting, looking around with a stressed expression. He quickly gets up and maneuvers around everyone to get out of the room.

  Wait where is he going?

  Still invisible, I try to follow him. Finally out of the busy room, I make myself visible again. "Hey wait, are you ok?" I catch up to him.

  "Hm? Oh, there you are. Yes, Im fine. Just wondered where you were." He pulled an inhaler out of his pocket. Ahh, he has asthma.

  I glance around akwardly.

  Should I ask him to be my partner for the assignment?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Rowan's POV:

  When the teacher mentioned a group project, I immediately felt tense. Whenever this sort of thing came up, I was always left doing them by myself. No one wanted to partner with me. I dont blame them, I guess I can be a little boring. But the real reason is because of the things Bianca and her friends say about me. 

  I thought about (y/n) sitting next to me. Would she partner with me? She has already been so accepting of me. She might say yes.

  Suddenly she disappeared. I glanced in her direction, wondering if she stayed there or was walking away this very minute.

  The class was dismissed, and I panicked on the inside. Where did she go? I looked around, then got up to leave, trying to stay out of the way of my classmates.

 As I was walking down the hall, I suddenly hear her voice behind me. 

  "Hey wait, are you ok?"

  "Hm? Oh, there you are. Yes, Im fine. Just wondered where you were." I take a breath from my inhaler.

  She looked like she wanted to say something else, but she never did after a few moments. So I decided to talk first. "Do you have a partner? B-because, I was thinking, if not...we both could do the project together," then I quickly added, "i-if you want." I didnt look her in the eye.

  Her expression changed from nervous to surprised. She opened her mouth to answer right when Bianca came toward us. Oh come on, please no.

  Her attention was on (y/n). "(Y/n), would you like to partner with me and Divina? We'd love if you joined us." It was hard for him to believe that her smile was genuine.

  (Y/n) looked at her feet, "Actaully, Rowan just asked me to partner with him. Maybe next group project?"

  Bianca's smile faded, and her reply was curt, "Oh, of course. Have fun." Her eyes shot me imaginary bullets as she walked away.

The new kid seriously wants to do it with me?

  To avoid speaking of the akward interaction I was fast to say, "I always go to the school library to work on projects like these. You've seen it haven't you?"

  "Yes I have. Librarys are one of my favorite places to be." 

  "Mine to." I started heading that way and motioned for (y/n) to follow. 

  We both spent a couple hours in the library, gathering all the information we needed and coming up with presentation ideas. It was so strange to be doing this with someone else, especially someone who actaully seemed to like my company. Maybe I could finally have a real friend in this school. Was that too much to hope for? She was roommates with one of the most manipulative people in this school, she could easily be talked into staying away from me. Could I even trust her? What if her timid, nice outward appearance was fake and she was really just like Bianca and her friends?

  But...Im willing to risk getting to know her if I can finally have someone to call a true friend.

  I'll just have to hope that she can accept me for who I am know matter what people say about me.