Chapter 13

(Y/n)'s POV:

  Rowan's smile made my stomach do a flip, and I could feel my face getting warm. I was looking at his lips, and I could tell he noticed because it seemed as if he was inching his head closer. My heart skipped a beat and I almost went invisible. My head felt all fuzzy.

 I want to kiss him. I want to kiss him so badly.

  Rowan's attention drifted towards some students who where coming outside, probably finished with dinner. I groaned on the inside.

  Rowan suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me with him, obviously on a mission to take us somewhere private. A couple students eye'd us, one making a rude comment, but Rowan either didn't care or didn't notice. "R-rowan, where are we going?" He was walking so fast I stumbled a bit. He turned to steady me and smile warmly before continuing, slower this time.

 He took a breath from his inhaler, "one of my favorite spots. You'll see."

  Rowan brought me outside again, but this time a different area, where there were more trees. The light from the setting sun shone through the branches. He stopped by one of the biggest trees, taking me around behind it. He took my hands, looking at the tree, "I come out here to read sometimes..." He had a bit of a far away look in his eye. I watched his face intently, wondering what he was thinking. His eyes shifted to mine, searching them. "I..." He swallowed, then pulled me into another hug, tighter this time. I hugged him back, burying my face in his chest. My heart was beating so hard I felt as if it would leap right out. I could feel his own heart beating as I pressed closer. 

  We just stood there in eachothers arms for a while, enjoying the comfort and intimacy. He shifted a bit, and I raised my head up. He looked as if he was hoping, longing, for something. I gazed into his eyes, willing myself not to go invisible. He moved his hand up to lightly caress my cheek, then he rubbed his thumb against my lips. His hands where trembling.

  "I..I r-really want..." He lowered his voice, "..I want to kiss you."

  He seemed to inch closer, then pull back, as if not sure what to do. He had a pleading look in his eyes. As nervous as I was, I reached up and placed my hands on either side of his face. My eyes fluttered closed as my lips slowly and softly touched his.

  Please dont go invisible please dont go invisible...

  He pulled back quickly, as if it startled him, but then he leaned in again.

  This time his face lingered close, our lips brushing eachothers lovingly. After a few moments he moved his hand toward the back of my head, pulling my face even closer. My heart fluttered madly when it dawned on me that I was truly kissing the boy I loved. As we kissed, a grin formed on my face. He must have felt it, because he pulled back to look at my face. He smiled.

   "I love you (Y/n)."

  I sucked in a quick breath. He...he loves me. He said he loves me...

  I nuzzled his cheek gently, "I love you...Rowan."

  Rowan kissed my temple, his arms holding me tightly. I noticed his eyes looked misted when he looked into mine.   "(Y/n), I, um...y-you know the Rav'n Dance is coming up...I want you to go with me, please. But..." He paused, "I want you to go with me, a-as my...my girlfriend."

  Go to The Rav'n Dance. Oh my gosh. As his girlfriend. Oh god...he wants us to be together...

  I nod my head, and my body starts to "glitch", "Id...id adore that. Y-yes. Yes..." I was too stunned to say anything more. Rowan took my hand in his, "does that mean...you'll be my girlfriend? S-starting...now?" He had a cute shy smile on his face.

  I just nod and say, "Y-yes." Dang it you dont have to be so nervous!

  He grinned again and pulled me in for another long embrace. "(Y/n), I-im so happy right now. You make me so happy...."

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Rowans POV:

  She is mine now. I dont have to compete with Xavier anymore...she's mine. She loves me.

  I took in everything about this moment. I breathed in her scent, which made my heart flutter. I couldn't seem to hold her tight enough, no matter how close she was. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss...she had been so gentle, and her lips soft and warm. I turned my head towards her neck and nuzzled her. She giggled and kissed my flushed face.

  We both sat up against the tree trunk, very close, hands intertwined. (Y/n) rested her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. She was so beautiful. How did someone like me win her heart? It still baffled me, but I cant be more overjoyed. 

  After a little while, we started back towards the school. I gave (Y/n) a quick kiss before we walked to our own dorm rooms, "I love you. Sleep well tonight...okay?"

   She nodded, blushing. "O-okay. I love you. Sweet dreams."

  "Sweet dreams." I waved, watching her go.

  Just as I rounded the corner toward my dorm, I heard someone say my name close behind me.

  "Rowan."

  I turned. It was Xavier.

  "....W-what." I was afraid of what he'd say next. I took out my inhaler.

  "Has (Y/n) spoken with you recently?"

  He obviously knew he had. Surely Bianca told him, since she saw them together earlier. "Yes. She has." I kept walking, not wanting to look Xavier in the eye.

  "What did she say?" Xavier spoke slowly.

  I was so close to using my telekinesis on him. Might as well tell him what was going on between us. I was tired of this. "(Y/n) and I are together. She's my girlfriend."

  As I walked into our dorm I went straight to my bed and flopped across it. I didn't hear any answer from Xavier yet, just the sound of him closing the door and shuffling through his sketches on his desk. Finally, he answered, "Oh. Is that so."

  "Yes. It is."

  There was silence for a while, then I chanced a glance at Xavier. He was at his desk, drawing perheps. I waited to see if Xavier would say or do anything else, but he didnt. 

  I decided to just read for a bit then go to bed, since obviously Xavier didnt want to talk about it any further. And honestly, I didnt want to either.

  After reading, I got ready for bed and closed my eyes, hoping I would have wonderful dreams of (Y/n) tonight.

  I love you (Y/n). So so much.