Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV:

  No nonononoooo what was I thinking? I cant believe I forgot about Rowan and I reading together today, im so stupid! What would he think of me now?

  I was now half-way to the school, running as fast as I could in the rain. I was so worried about Rowan that I left Xavier without hardly an explaination. All I had said was, "R-rown! Oh no oh gosh-"

  Xavier had raised his eyebrow and questioned me, but I could hardly hear what he had said. I had apologized quickly and went out the door without another word.

  When I got inside a couple students had surprised expressions, probably wondering why I was so wet and where I was going in such a hurry. I was also "glitching" like crazy, but it wouldnt stop because of how nervous I was. Would Rowan be upset at me?

  I came to the library, looking around for him almost frantically. Then I spotted him, sitting at one of the tables. His head was pillowed in his arms, which where crossed on the table. His glasses where laying next to him. He appeared to be resting, because his eyes where closed. His bag of books were also on the table, as well as a couple of the library's books.

  Oh Rowan, im so sorry.

  I tip-toed closer to him, wondering if he was really asleep or not. I touched his shoulder, "Rowan?" I whispered.

  He blinked multiple times, then slowly raised his head. He made a tired groaning noise as he put his glasses on, but right when he realized it was me, his face lit up. He got up from his chair and grabbed my shoulders, shaking me slightly. "(Y/n)? Where have you been? Are you alright?" 

  I smiled sheepishly, glad he wasn't upset...but he might get upset if I told him who I had been hanging out with the whole time. My smile faded.

  "U-uhhmm...w-ell..? I was...I was in my dorm room, s-sleeping. Im so so sooo sorry...I was not feeling good when I woke up, so I went back to sleep. I should have told someone to tell you..."

  I tryed to make myself appear tired and nauseated. I cursed inwardly at myself. Oh god...I hope he cant tell that I just lied to him.

  Rowan had a strange look on his face, as if he wasn't sure whether to believe me or not. But his eyes where gentle, and to my surprise he put his arms around my neck and hugged me. I stood still, then slowly put my arms around him. The hug sent a pang of guilt through me, instead of warm butterflies. Now I really did feel sick.

  He rubbed my back a few times before pulling away. "I understand. I-I know it would have been inconvenient for you to have to leave your dorm to tell me, especially being unwell. Are you well enough to walk to dinner with me? Or would you rather go back to your dorm?"

  He's so kind and considerate towards me...and I just deceived him. What kind of a friend am I, lying to him like that? But...if he knew that I forgot about it all because I was having a great time with Xavier...

  I put my arms around myself, nearly sweating as I tryed my very best to keep my glitches under control. I was still very hungry. "I, uhhh...i'll walk to d-dinner with you. B-but I dont want to be in the cafeteria for very long.."

  He nodded, "yes of course. We can sit away from the other students, if that will make you comfortable."

  I smiled at him. Good, at least that would decrease the chance of Xavier interacting with us. 

  Both of us walked to the cafeteria, my head down. I didnt say hardly a word as we got our food and started eating. I tryed not to look where all the other students where, afraid Xavier and I would make eye contact. I didnt eat as much as I thought I would, probably because of the nervous feeling in my stomach. Rowan kept giving me concerned looks, "(Y/n), you dont seem like you are feeling too good...do you need to excuse yourself at all? Its okey if you do."

  I glance up at him and try to steady my breathing, "I think, I t-think I'd just like to go back to my dorm...if that is fine with you."

  Rowan stood up, "of course, I'll walk with you."

  I thanked him, and we both started walking towards my dorm room. Again I said nothing, afraid the wrong thing would slip from my mouth. Would Xavier tell Rowan where I was today? No doubt the truth would come out sooner or later. I hated the mix of guilt and fear I was feeling right now, I felt like such a terrible friend, to both Rowan and Xavier. Surly Xavier still wondered why I left so quickly earlier. I felt so stupid for loosing track of time.

  Before I went into my dorm, Rowan tapped my shoulder. It reminded me of the timid tap he used to get my attention in class my second day of school. I smiled inwardly.

  "Tomorrow, after school...would you like to read together at the library? If you are feeling well, that is."

  I gave him a shaky smile, "s-sure, id love to. If I am well. Y-yes."

  He nodded, reaching out to give my hand a quick sqeeze, his hand lingering, then he walked away down the hall. He looked back and waved. I waved and smiled.

  Im such an idiot.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Xavier's POV:

  In the cafeteria during dinner, I spotted (Y/n) and Rowan sitting together at the back of the room. I sighed and let them be, but later I planned on asking if anything was up. I noticed (Y/n) looked a bit pale and nervous. 

  A while later I looked to were they had been sitting again, but they weren't there. Rowan's food was still at his spot. Dang it. Maybe they went to the library. My jealousy began to grow. I cleared my trash from the table, then stepped out of the cafeteria, only to bump into someone. 

  "OH-h, s-sorry." Rowan adjusted his glasses. "I just, came back to finish eating."

  I watched him sit down, then after a few moments I sat in the spot where (Y/n) had been next to him.

  "Hey, if you dont mind me asking, was (Y/n) doing alright? Is something wrong?"

  "She told me she had been sick all day," Rowan shrugged, he had a sad but caring look in his eye, "we where supposed to read our books that we bought at the bookstore today but, she never showed up. When she finally did, she said she had been in her dorm getting her rest."

  Sick? So he had no idea she was with me all day? That she obviously lied to him?

  "Im..im sorry to hear that." I didnt know how to respond. Should I tell him that she, in fact, wasn't sick all day? Maybe it was better this way though, that he didn't know. He didnt need to know.

  I notice that cheerful warewolf girl, Enid, skipping towards us. Her face looked sly and she wiggled her brows, "Soooo Xave,  whats with you and (Y/n), that strange, quiet girl? You never told me you where completelyyyy over..Bianca." She whispered the last part. 

  I didnt chance Rowan a glance, "what do you mean?"

  She huffed but smiled excitedly, putting her hands over her heart, "I saw you guys out my dorm window ealier this afternoon! You had been walking together under an unbrella...in the rain! How adorabllle! Plus I couldn't help but notice you looking at her for like...a suuuper long time during dinner. Seriously, are you two like, a thing?? I mean, I have heard rumors that you liked her, but I didnt think she liked you back or anything-"

  Out of the corner of my eye I see Rowan quickly get up and stride out of the room as Enid rambled on. She must have finally noticed the tension, because she stopped and cocked her brow, "uum, did I say something wrong? Rowan seemed kindaaa upset..."

  Was she really oblivious of Rowan's feelings toward (Y/n)? Surprising, considering how much gossip goes around in this school...most of which through Enid.

  I didn't answer her question as I got up, grimacing. No doubt tonight at our dorm would be an eventful one.