Chapter 6

(Y/n)'s POV:

  On the way back to the school, I noticed a strange tension between Rowan and Xavier. I couldn't tell if it was just my imagination. Everyone on the shuttle are giggling, talking, and acting like they had a great time.

  But not Rowan and Xavier.

  It least Rowan smiled at me once in a while, and even Xavier would comment on something another student on the shuttle said. But the silence between Rowan and Xavier was pretty akward, even more akward than the time the three of us did the group project together.

  I tryed to ignore it, holding my plushie to my chest. It was so sweet of Rowan to win it for me, it made me feel happy inside. I was so surprised when I saw him with it on the bench, I couldn't help but give him a hug. I hope he didnt think I was a bit much, getting so excited over a plushie like that.

  But in that short moment of the hug, I could smell his scent on his clothes more clearly. He smelled so good. It was a unique scent...it reminded me of pine, amber, and a bookstore. I cant really describe it any other way.

  Oh my gosh, I need to shut up...

  I had to stop these thoughts before anyone noticed the stupid smirk on my face. 

  We finally arrived at the school. I got off before the boys, as to avoid any help going down the bus steps. Once we where inside, both Rowan and Xavier said at the same time,

  "I-i can walk you to your room-"

  "Allow me to walk with you to your room-"

  They both glanced at eachother with irritated expressions. The edgy vibe I was getting was making me nervous, and I tryed my best not to go invisible. "U-uuhmm...thank you, b-but I can go to my room alone. Really, I'll be perfectly fine. G-good night! I had a great time!"

  Or at least I would have had a better time if you guys acted normal.

  I rushed to my dorm without even looking back. I probably should have thanked Rowan again for the plushy and thanked Xavier for inviting me, but I just wanted to be away from the obvious tension. For about half an hour it was just me in the dorm, then suddenly the door opened and Bianca stepped in. "Hey, your face is as red as a tomato. You alright?"

  "Mmmff...its kinda complicated."

  Bianca had a genuinely caring look on her face. She sat next to me on my bed. "Whats up?"

  Should I tell her? I dont know if I can fully trust her yet, but I did really want to get my feelings off my chest...

  "Well, I guess im just growing fond of Rowan...you know, in a more than friends way. I enjoy Xavier's company too, I think he's been a good friend. The thing is I think he kinda...like-likes me? I dont know...and they both just acted really strange on the way back from the carnival..."

  Bianca listened, and once I mentioned Xavier I noticed a change in ger expression. But instead of an upset or annoyed expression like other times ive mentioned him, she was straight-faced. "Xavier likes you?"

  I shrugged, "maybe." 

  She nodded and looked deep in thought, then quicky said, "Just wait it out girl. Get to know them both. Try to feel out what they both think of you, and go from there. You'll figure it out."

  She gave me a smile, then went to her side of the room. Wait it out? Did she think I was going too fast with having feelings for Rowan already? 

  I layed down on my bed, thinking about what Bianca had said. Maybe I should Get to know each of them better. I mean...what if I later found out that Rowan had no romantic feelings toward me at all? At least I'd know that Xavier did, and then maybe something could work out between Xavier and I.

  But could I ever like Xavier more than a friend? Is that what I really wanted?

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Rowan's POV:

  I watched (Y/n) run up the stairs to her dorm. She must have sensed something was off. Ughh, I didnt mean to mess anything up...I just-

  My thoughts where interrupted by the honeyed sound of Bianca's voice. She was standing a little ways away, motioning Xavier over. I took that opportunity to go to my dorm to get my thoughts together and calm myself before Xavier came back. I thought about (Y/n)'s adorable giggle when she saw me with the big plushy she wanted. I thought about her tightly wrapped arms around myself, and about her sweet smile. After quite a while, I took a breath from my inhaler right before I heard the dorm room door open. Xavier didnt look upset surprisingly, he actaully looked sort of...calm? Pleased? Its hard to tell.

  I waited for him to say something, but he didnt. I was starting to feel vexed all over again. I cleared my throat.

  Xavier crossed his arms and stared at me.

  I strode over to where he stood. "Whats with you and (Y/n) hm? Was that outing supposed to be a date between you two before she asked that I come along? Do you like her?" I needed to stop before I got out of control. I could already tell my telekinesis was going to take over at some point.

  Xavier still appeared calm. "Why does any of that matter to you?"

  I clenched my teeth and fists. Some books and papers from on our desks dropped to the ground. "Shes the only real friend I have in this school! I dont want you taking that away from me!"

  I didnt dare mention the fact that it made me jealous when they hung out and talked, because liked her. I didnt want her to get attatched to him. I didnt like the thought of sharing her attention.

  Xavier sighed and motioned for me to calm down. "I wont take your friendship away, I promise. Ok? Everything's fine."

  Xavier picked up his drawings from the floor and started getting ready for bed, obviously trying to ignore my piercing stare. I took a deep breath and tryed to read for a bit, but I kept glancing at Xavier and thinking about (Y/n).

  Something was telling me that this weekend wouldn't go how I thought it would.