Chapter 12

Almost a week had passed since the Boston fiasco, and I can safely say this was one of the worst weeks of my life. Johnny wouldn't speak to me, Care, Trevor, or Jack. Silence was never our thing and it was really starting to take a toll on me and especially Caroline. The guilt was eating her alive and I could tell she was losing it. They were the twins, inseparable since birth. Both of them are just so stubborn and sad neither of them is going to make the first move. I was walking to my car with Hally after cheer laughing about when she saved our stunt during pyramid when an increasingly familiar voice popped up next to my ear. 

"Hey." Finn said, football helmet still in hand after practice. 

"Hi, sweaty." I laughed, instinctively taking a step back from him to avoid the sweat dripping from his dark hair.

"You have a good practice Lain?" He asked, trailing me towards my car. 

"I did. You look like you did." I gestured to his sweaty and grass stained jersey with a smile. 

"Where you headed?" Finn said as we arrived at my Jeep. He leaned against the hood of the car as he asked, blocking my path to the door. 

"Probably Care's. Then home. Big bio exam coming up this week, gotta study." I replied, just trying to get to my best friend's house to check on her. 

"See you tomorrow?" He asked, eyebrows raised. 

Yeah dude, we have class together tomorrow. 

"See you tomorrow." I said, veering around him towards the driver seat before bumping into his shoulder. "Take a shower before then." 

He laughed as I walked past him to get in the driver's seat, giving me a salute before joining the rest of his teammates. I realized I had somehow wound up in the driver's seat of my car without any of the proper time to psych myself up to drive to the Beecher house. Without even thinking about it I grabbed my phone to dial the number that was quickly becoming my favorite.

"Hey Lains." Jack's voice instantly calmed me as it seeped through my Bluetooth. After John found out about Care and Trevor and flipped out on all of us, we'd been talking more than ever. 

"Hey Captain. Am I interrupting something important?" I asked, looking down at the FaceTime to see his headset. 

"Nope. Nothing more important than you. What's up?" He said, making me blush. 

"I just need you to give me one of those world famous Rowdy pep talks that make me feel like I can take on the world." I chewed down on my lip as I eased out of my parking spot, eyes darting around the lot to make sure nobody was nearby. 

"Okay. You, Elena Cameron, are a rockstar. You are the best driver in the world. You are so totally going to make it to Point B. With no problems." He preached to me as I pulled away, his dramatics making me laugh a little. "There she is. See, you're good."

"Yeah, I'm good." I smiled at my phone like an idiot. This kid is always making me smile. "What game did I interrupt?"

"Well you didn't interrupt, first of all. You actually saved Case and Pat's asses because me and Turcs were destroying them in Duos. So your call actually gave them a little break from the ass kicking." He explained, making me laugh once again.

"I'm expecting a thank you from both of them." I teased.

"You're their fucking hero, Elena Gilbert." He paused for a second. "Where, if I'm allowed to ask, is Point B for you?"

"Casa Beecher." I replied, receiving a grimace.

"You okay?" He asked, knowing how tense things had been as of late.