4: Sweet Crystaline

My jaw dropped as I stared at Florian in shock. Sleep in his room? I had tingles just thinking about it! I followed Florian as he led me to his bedroom and offered me a bed to sleep on.

   Florian's POV:

   I shoved Lady Winters in my room as I glared at her in pity.

She was pathetic. 

Weak, helpless, mute.

   Despite my pity, it was pretty satisfying to see her scared.

   I gave her the extra mattress, so she wouldn't have to sleep on the floor. Despite me being obviously cruel to her, Lady Winters smiled at me with joy. I felt bad for treating her badly. I had a reputation for being the fairest person in the colony. I should treat her nicer.

   Needing to start somewhere, I gently started to pet Lady Winters on the head softly. "My lady, I would like to apalogize for how i've treated you," I told her as I hugged her tightly. She nodded as she wrote on her arm, 

Please, call me Crystal.

   I pulled away from her grasp. I hesitated before saying, "Crystal, will you be okay with being in my room?"

Crystal nodded again.

   "Good," I smiled as I gave her another hug. If I became cheerful with my hostage, maybe they won't hate me that much. After all, I wasn't the one who had this idea in the first place.

   I was actually glad that Crystal was here, though. She was actually prettier than I imagined Winter colony women were, with her flowy blue hair and icey skin. She didn't have any warm features, but they were quite round and soft.

   I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear as I stood up in front of Crystal. She stared, not knowing what to do. It's hard to do anything when you can't express things with words. You have to solely rely of actions alone.

   I grabbed Crystal's hand as I kissed it, her face slowly turning red. I heard a tapping on my shoulder, and looked at her arm. She wrote,

   Why are you being so nice to me?

   I smiled. "I am sorry for kidnapping you. However, it's too late to return you, so I figured I would treat you with warmth and kindness until Spring arrives," I explained to Crystal. She frowned. I quickly handed her a notebook. "Write your words here," I told her as a smile crept across her pale face. She looked like an angel when she smiled. 

   Crystal reached out to hug me as I gently petted her head. She seemed pleased by this gesture. I went to look at her face and saw she was grinning from ear to ear. I was surprised, but oh boy, I was  happy that my hostage was comfortable around me. Suddenly, Crystal flopped onto my bed as I stood there on surprise. She looked so cute and innocent as she hugged one of the pillows, seemingly happy. I wonder what triggered her to feel that.