9: Unsuspected Guest

Crystal's POV:

   I woke up in Florian's hideout, soaked in sweat as I tried to remember what happened last night. Florian brought me here, gave me wine, and sent me to his bedchamber. I glanced to the other side of the bed and saw that Florian wasn't there.

   "He must be an early riser," I mumbled to myself as I climbed out of bed. I still had my clothes on from yesterday, so I must've smelt very bad. I walked to the dining room where I saw Florian preparing breakfast. "Good morning, how did you sleep?" Florian asked as he set down a glass of orange juice. "I feel... great," I told him in surprise. I went to bed at 1 o'clock, how come I feel so great? "Great. I made some big plans for us today," He smiled as he flipped some pancakes over the stovetop.

   "Like what?" I asked, curious. Florian smirked as he lifted my face. "It's a surprise," he said as he placed perfect-looking pancakes on the table. I sat there confused as I munched down on my delicous breakfast.

   Florian's smile became even more wide as he embraced me. "I'm so happy you trust me, Crystal," he said as Florian tightened his grip on my shoulders. "How could I not trust you?" I asked, confused. He saved me from the wrath of my abusive father. I couldn't ask for more than that. 

   Just then, there was a knock on the door. Florian released our embrace as he went to the front door. "Who's there?" he asked before opening the door. "Your brother, Samuel," the figure responded. "Are you alone?" Florian asked, suspicious. "Yes," Samuel responded as Florian opened the door. Samuel stormed in, looking unhappy. His expression changed once he saw me. He came right to me and stared at me playfully. "Hello, Princess Crystal," he said as he played with my icy blue hair.

   "Careful, sport. She's mine," Florian warned Samuel as he shoved him out of the way. Florian then continued to play with my hair. With Florian, I didn't mind. He was the only man in the Spring Colony I would allow to mess with me.

   "Also, Lady Winter's mutedness got cured," Florian told Samuel as they both chatted about new things. "Ah, really?" Samuel asked as I nodded. "How sweet. Now you guys will be able to chat," he grinned as he glanced at Florian, who was still playing with my hair. "Shut up, Samuel," Florian glared as he sat me up on his lap. I blushed as I started to play with Florian's long, curly hair. Samuel still grinned.Ugh. What was wrong with this man? He would of course laugh if we told him we loved each other. "I have some bad news, fellas," Samuel groaned. "What is it?" me and Florian ask in unison. "The Winter Colony is attacking our kingdom. You guys will have to stay here for about another month,"

NEW CHAPTER COMING VERY SOON. STAY VERY TUNED.