5: Winter Conflicts

Crystal's POV:   

   I woke up in the arms of Prince Florian as he hugged me tightly. I could see the tears on his face, gleaming with every drop. I wondered why he was crying so pitifully. No that I have the power to pity him, but Florian did seem scared.

   "Lady Winters, there seems to be an ongoing conflict," Florian told me as he covered my ears so I couldn't hear the mass destruction going on. It was too late. I heard everything that was happening. My people were finally coming for me.

   However, a small part of me didn't want to leave the Bloom Kingdom. Even though I was hated among townsfolk, Florian seemed like he had taken a slight liking to me. His kindness made me happy.

Florian's POV:

   I hugged Crystal tightly as I waited for the commotion to stop. Why did the Winter Colony have to choose war? I mean, I guess it made sense. Any kingdom would want their pretty little princess back. Still, why just settle a truce? Or at least, pay the ransom?

   I felt shaking next to me, and saw Crystal shaking in fear. She must've heard what was going on. The hostage was scared. And as an fair and noble prince, it was my job to make sure she had no reason to worry about anything.

   The thing was, she had everything to worry about.

   We just sat there, shaking and trembling until the commotion would stop. Just then, I heard a bang on my door. 

   The mob had came to the royal's bedrooms.

   Panicked, I grabbed Crystal's wrist and threw her into my closet. I had to make sure there was no evidence whatsoever that she was ever in my room. Just as I finished pushing the second bed away, there was a loud knock on the door. Ready for violence, I opened the door as about 30 men stood in the halls of mine and Duke Samuel's suites. All of them had sharp and pronounced features, a classic trademark of winter colony men. I couldn't tell who most of them were, except for King Frost, Crystal's father, and ruler of the Winter Dynasty.

   "Hello. How may I help you?" I asked as I bowed elegantly. King Frost returned my bow as he began to open his mouth to speak. "Prince Florian, crown prince of Spring Dynasty. I know you kidnapped my daughter. Lead me to where she is," King Frost ordered. His tone sounded frigid but sharp, as expected from a king who has lost his pretty little princess.

   In order to keep Crystal in our hands, I knew I had to twist the facts. "King Frost, I was not the man who kidnapped your daughter, nor would I ever," I lied, trying to erase any suspicion it could be me who kidnapped her. 

   King Frost chuckled. "I know a fib when I see one, boy. Tell me where Princess Crystal is, or your head will not see another day,"