11: B02: Glimpse of Sun

Florian's POV:

   "Shoo! Go away!" Crystal muttered as a honeybee buzzed around the flower crown she was wearing. I laughed jokingly as she fussed with the flower basket she was holding. I was so happy spring had rolled around again. It almost seemed like... paradise.

   It must have been fun to be outside for Crystal. She must have never touched the the dewy spring grass within the walls of the Winter Dynasty. A smile crept across her face while she continued to pick fresh spring flowers.

   I must have been focusing too much on Crystal, because when I walked towards her, I tripped on a tree root.

What a dumb way to get hurt.

   Instead of getting right up, my mind blacked out and a new sight came to my eyes. It was a bedroom. It must have been a dream.

   I sat up on my mattress in my sweaty sleep attire. I tugged on the covers. I saw Crystal laying on her mattress. She was laying in a pool of sweat.

She must have had a nightmare.

Crystal was shivering too, which made zero sense to me.

   Wait, If it was so cold, why were she sweating? Was it a cold sweat? Nah. Spring colony citizens never get cold. Whatever. I'm no doctor.

   "Crystal," I called from my mattress. A small gasp was heard from Crystals mattress. Just like that, Crystal rolled off her bed. I walked over towards her. She looked tired and cold, and I felt bad for her.

"Florian,"

"What is it?" I asked her.

"Am I a stranger to you?"