Chapter 2: The start of a mysterious camp

Miriam, Dany, Steve, Luna, and Kate entered the residence, as directed by their new camp monitors. They were immediately assigned rooms: Luna and Kate in room 45, Dany and Aaron in room 54, Steve with Sebastian in room 50, and Miriam ended up alone in room 41.

Each of them decided to go to their respective rooms. Miriam went to her room and analyzed it. It was clear that something bad had happened in that room: on the walls there were dents from blows that had been given from inside, the walls looked a little burned, and on the floor there was a photograph whose edges were burned. Miriam analyzed the photograph to find out if something had actually happened in that room, and if so, to find out what had happened. Her stormy gray eyes flicked over the photo nervously. In the photograph there was a boy about her age with blond hair and a wide smile. His eyes were hazel and from the headphones he was wearing, he looked like he might as well have been Miriam's friend. That's what she thought, until she saw a brief inscription at the bottom of the photo and she read it.

-"Theater is cool"-Miriam read.-Signed; Damian. Year '85.

As soon as she read that, a bluish, incorporeal figure appeared out of nowhere. Miriam stepped back, very astonished and a little scared, white as she was on the day she had gone to the wall of that room.

- Who are you?- dared to say Miriam. She took a good look at the "ghost" and then at the photo, so she came to a conclusion.- Are you Damian?

- Oh!- exclaimed the young ghost. - I don't even know who you are and you know who I am!

- Why are you a ghost?- Miriam asked as she pulled her light blonde hair into a low ponytail. -My name is Miriam. Maybe you don't know what year we are in, I'll tell you, we are at August 1st, 1992.

-1992?!- Damian exclaimed, terrified. - 7 years ago I died?!

- How did you die?- Miriam added with some discomfort. - Am I the only one who can see you?

-Well, a fire spirit tried to possess me while I was trying to get out of my room because my roommate had locked me in on purpose. I refused to join that spirit and so it killed me.- Damian explained. -And yes, you're the only one who can see me.

- A fire spirit? Miriam asked.

-Yeah. You should be careful, very strange things happen in this residence every 7 years and... -Damian blanched, something that seemed impossible being a ghost. -...the last time was in 1985. Be careful, make friends, take care of them, protect yourselves.

-Thanks my friend. -Miriam said with a slight smile.

- Brilliant! Damian said cheerfully. - I finally have a friend! Thanks to you! Ah yes, I'll go with you if you don't mind, but only you can see me.

Miriam left her room with the photograph in her hand ready to tell her friends what she had found out that she was going to spend.

-Guys. Miriam announced to her friends Steve, Dany, Luna and Kate (and also to Aaron who was there because he wanted to). -I discovered something.

TO BE CONTINUED...