Late "Night" Conversations

As the Doctor piloted the T.A.R.D.I.S into the time vortex, the Universe yawned into her hand. After being up close to seventy-two hours, the demison hopper was exhausted. She was surprised she was only feeling it now, however that could be because the adrenaline from those last two adventures was wearing down.

"You okay there, Universe?" Martha asked, leaning against the railings.

"Well, I haven't slept in about three days? Yeah, three days." The Universe responded, trying to keep another yawn in. "So no, I'm exhausted. I'm gonna find my bedroom."

"Bedroom?" Martha repeated as she turned to look over at the Doctor. "This ship has bedrooms?"

He looked quite offended at her question. "Of course she has bedrooms? Did you expect to sleep on the floor?"

He yelped as the young adult smacked his arm. "Just because you're not ginger doesn't mean you can be rude. It's an honest question." She walked past Martha and stood in the doorway that led to the hall. "Come on, I'll explain while we find places to sleep tonight." Once the Universe knew that they were far enough away from the control room, she glanced at Martha. "Sorry about him. The Doctor doesn't know what comes out of his mouth half the time. He doesn't know he's being rude."

Martha scoffed. "Guess that proves just as much as an alien he is."

"Just-" Uni gripped her friend's arm, forcing them to a stop. "-don't give up on him yet. He doesn't realize it, but he needs you."

Martha's brows furrowed. "But he has you though, why would he need me?"

"Well..." She cocked her head to the side. "For one, I wasn't supposed to be here. I never should have...met him, but you! You two meeting, that was always bound to happen. No matter what world you're in."

"You know, you talk like him." She pointed out. "You talk about time travel and outer space like you know everything, like, how could you possibly know that I was supposed to meet the Doctor?"

"I know, because I saw it happen." She bit her lip in thought. "Do you remember when I told you where I'm from?"

"You said you were from the future."

"Yes, but that's not all I said. I'm from a different earth, a different universe, as you would."

"What?" Uni could see Martha going through the five stages of grief in her head. "How is that even possible?"

The eighteen year old shrugged. "I have a few ideas, nothing concrete. Jumping between dimensions shouldn't be possible anymore, but here I am. It's why I know so much, and why I guess I talk like him."

"You're earth must be so much more advanced than ours to know this."

The Universe snorted a little. "No, not at all. It's nothing like you would think. The reason why I know this...is because the Doc's life where I'm from, is a T.V show. We're currently on season three."

"No!" Martha's eyes went wide like saucers. "You're joking!"

"Nope, not at all." She laughed.

"No, you have to be. That can't be true!"

"Okay, okay. I'll prove it to you." Uni thought about it for a second. "You should start researching Elvis and the Beatles, it could come in handy."

She blinked. "What? How's that supposed to prove anything?" Safe to say she was confused.

"Spoilers." The Universe winked before spotting the door with Martha's on the front. "Here we are, this is yours."

She glanced at the door then back at the Universe, having not expected to actually have a room. You would think Martha Jones would be used to the weirdness of time traveling the universe, but then again, would anyone? "I guess this is. Goodnight Universe."