i. SERIOUS TALK

IMAGINE

IMAGINE . . . .

You and dove were in the middle of an argument. For the past couple of days, you two have barely said one word to each other even though you live under one roof. However, after you ran errands you decided it was time to try and have a civil conversation, maybe reconcile.

-----------

You had just walked into the apartment, your keys jingling in your hand. As you entered, dove looked up from the kitchen table but it was only for a brief second before she glanced back to her laptop.

You lightly sighed to yourself, making your way throughout the apartment to the living room to place your bag on the couch. Since this matter was serious and you knew you both couldn't go on like this anymore, you didn't go change or whatnot. Instead, you made your way to the kitchen and hopped on the counter, sitting behind dove.

"Hey . . . " You trailed off before slowly continuing, "How was your day?"

"Just fine." Dove didn't even look up.

"I'm tired of ignoring each other like we're two passing strangers."

Dove rose her head, leaning back in the chair, "I wasn't the one who lied. We were already disagreeing with you leaving again and then finally you agreed, then you didn't have the heart to tell me the truth."

"If I did, we would've just had another blowup and —— "

Dove abruptly stood up, "Like right now!" She faced you, "We agreed you wouldn't take another job right now. We agreed to focus on us for awhile because we were becoming distant." She finished, "Don't you want this to work?"

You hopped off the counter and approached her, "Of course, I do and I'm sorry I lied. I'll back out of the job."

"No." She immediately protested, "I think you should do it. Besides, we might need the space to figure out what we really want anyway."

You slowly nodded, "Is this a breakup?"

Dove sighed, "It's a break . . . from us."

You angrily walked out the kitchen and headed to the bedroom. As soon as you walked through the door, you let it slam behind you. You made it known you were pissed off and not to be bothered right then.