in love with my best friend, what a cliché

Everyone knew that Tara and Amber were best friends and that their bond was unbreakable. The two have grown up together, have been through hell and back together and knew each other inside and out.

You would barely, if ever, see them alone by themselves. Both girls were attached at the hip and refused to leave each other's side. It was cute, but also a pain in the ass for everyone during school. If they didn't have a class together, it was as if it was the end of the world.

And with work, well it was kind of the same, but at least one of them could go visit the other, so that was something. They actually did that all the time, to the point where all the staff at both girls' jobs knew them by their names and would greet them the moment they stepped foot into the place of work.

The two cared for and loved each other so much, but when Amber began developing deeper feelings for her best friend, she didn't know what to do or how to feel. It happened out of nowhere and took her by surprise. Her liking her best friend as more than just a friend? That couldn't be possible.

But it was, and Amber didn't know what to do. All she knew is that one day the realization of her true feelings for her best friend hit her, and now she didn't know how to act.

Things haven't changed between them since the moment Amber realized her feelings, but her view on certain things did.

Like the way Tara would always be affectionate with Amber, cuddling with the raven head at any given moment or holding her hand at all times, even if they were out with their friends or at school.

The way she'd always run up to the raven head and wrap her arms tightly around the girl's body, hugging her as if they haven't seen each other for years, or as if it was the last time they'd see each other again, even if it's only been a few hours since their last interaction.

The way Tara would always compliment Amber, making sure to tell her how good she looked in an outfit, or how her smile was beautiful and that she loved the way her hair looked.

Or the way Tara would tuck a strand of hair behind Amber's ear and kiss her cheek. And how her eyes would light up and she'd have the widest smile on her face when Amber was around.

Amber could list off many more things that made her do a double take, but for the sake of everyone's time, she wouldn't. All she'd say is that she liked Tara Carpenter and did not know if the girl liked her too, or if she was just super comfortable around her.

And it's not like Tara was straight. The girl was openly bisexual, with a very very big preference for women, so it's not like Amber had to worry about that particular aspect. She did, however, have to worry about whether or not Tara felt the same way about her as she did for Tara.

"Can you two just get together already?" Mindy said, looking at the two girls who, as per usual, were cuddled up in the single loveseat in the Meeks-Martin living room.

It wasn't a first time that the curly head had made a comment of that sort to the two. She actually loved commenting on their very close 'friendship' and would always talk about how she was sure that one day, they'd get married and would have kids.

Of course at first both girls denied it, stating how they were just friends and nothing more, but now? Now Amber wished that every comment Mindy made was real.

"Mindy!" Amber said in an annoyed tone. The raven head wasn't actually annoyed, more like a little hurt because she didn't know if she would ever be with Tara as more than a friend. However, because Tara was unaware of Amber's feelings, and because Amber didn't want to make things weird or cause any suspicion, she pretended to be annoyed.