Chapter 9

Warning: Cursing, manipulation, self-harm/suicide mention/s (it's very vague), abandonment, mentions of abuse, possible death or mentioned death, technically flirting (it's not meant to be romantic, but if you want to take it that way you can)

[Before we start, I would like to point out it's over 4.7k words, but if I don't post this now, I won't get back to writing the chapter. It's slow, remember that. Also, feel free to spam the comments, or even correct spelling or grammar mistakes. Enjoy!]

-------

Dread turns to blankly stare at Sav. "So you not only have a Forest Steve with you, but a Winter Steve as well?"

Sav turns, having not been facing them. "Oh, you recognize them?"

Dread sighs. If he goes through with continuing to mention things, he'll blow his own cover. He thinks Genesis was probably familiar with them, so he just goes along with it. "Yes, I do."

Sav shrugs, "Checks out, you and Dream were close I guess." He goes back to leaning his head on the chair where Cherry is.

"Do you have to sit so close to me?" Cherry complains, to which Sav ignores him. Cherry rolls his eyes and just props his elbow on the other side of the chair, leaning his head onto his hand.

Sav whines like a child who hasn't gotten their way. "So mean, I was alone with Colle for so long, give me a break."

Cherry smiles thoughtfully. "I was practically alone with Goggles."

Sav scoffs. "Nuhuh, you had the whole entire kingdom!!"

Cherry sits up straight and looks at Sav. "Yeah, well, you had Envir. We're pretty even." He smiles.

Sav looks at Cherry and groans. "Oh yeah, you've spent way too much time with Goggles.."

Cherry nods exasperatedly, "Yes, I'm aware, thank you."

Sav laughs at his pain and lays on the ground. "I wonder if Orion's even still alive.."

Professor Red, who has been ignoring them up until this point, looks over at Sav. "Why would you send them away if you don't even know if this guy's alive?!"

Sav groans and stretches across the floor, unintentionally, but ironically, in a snowflake pattern. "It's better to check.."

"And when was the last time you saw this friend??"

Sav sighs and sits up against the chair again. "Uhm.. maybe like, two months ago..?"

"I doubt they've passed on, then.." The Blue Leader offers. "What type of Steve are they again..?" The Blue Leader has memory problems it seems.

Sav dismisses him, "He's a Winter Steve, and he wouldn't have passed through your section of the Spirit World."

The Blue Leader looks down, "Oh.."

Sav offers him a smile. "It's alright, he's probably fine."

Professor Red bangs his head on a wall. "What, did he melt?"

Sav rolls his eyes. "Shut up, he didn't melt, he has the Heart-"

Cherry's eyes widen slightly, "Does he now? Then how would he have died?"

Sav shrugs. "Dunno, he's one of those people that just.. don't know how to be careful."

All of the leaders look at Sabre.

"Sounds familiar.." The Yellow Leader says slowly.

Sabre groans. "Oh, hush, you-"

The hero is sitting by the staircase, Dread notices, and he looks a bit out of it. He gets up and leaves. However, someone else notices as well. The clock. The clock steve follows the hero downstairs, probably to check up on him.